26th Season of the Ukulele

GinnyT11

Reaction score
Ladeeeees and gennelmen! Welcome to the 26th Season of the Ukulele!
Representing ONE HALF of ONE YEAR of continuous weekly song sharing for your EDIFICATION and DELIGHT!

And now, step right up, all you ukers! Set aside your dull workaday worries and enter into...

DREAMS Week
Ends Sunday, Aug. 19 at 11:59pm Hawaii time

Parameters
Songs must have DREAM (noun, adjective, or any tense of the verb) in the title or the lyrics, or be clearly about a dream, including daydreams and nightmares (ou rêves, pour nos membres français).
Video must be new and single track (no remixing with Nat King Cole).
Video must mention "26th Season of the Ukulele."
Ukulele must be central, though additional instruments are fine.
Bonus tracks are welcome.

Request: I follow Tootler in asking that your videos have a hint of their song name in their YouTube ID, or mention it in the video.

Judging
I will repeat Myrna's plan of drawing three entrants' names from a hat so—yay!—ANYONE CAN WIN!
(Reminds me of the New Yorker cartoon of a hot dog at his mailbox,
pulling out an envelope that says on it, "You may already be a wiener!")

Prizes
The ukers whose names are drawn will receive a card with "musician" written in Chinese calligraphy, brushed by the multi-talented Mr. T just for this contest. It will be about the size of a postcard and ideal for attaching to your refrigerator, keeping in your uke case, or copying as a tattoo.
(I'm sure it would be valued at $89.99 by the Franklin Mint & Chinese Scriptorium! )

SPECIAL AWARD: Any UU member who posts a first-ever video for this contest gets to wear an invisible crown of shining fireflies for a week. I can email that.

So, beautiful dreamers, starlight and dewdrops are waiting for thee...whatcha got?

Ginny

PLAYLISTS:

Entry songs

Bonus songs

Last edited:
Nice idea Ginny. Hmmmm...time to put the thinkin' cap on. :)

Hmm, I have a song I wrote that's based on a dream I had once. But the lyrics are just surreal, they aren't "clearly" about a dream. Think I better go search my YouTube library. In the meantime, here's a video from last month of another song I wrote.

Robyn Hitchcock's "I Often Dream of Trains" would work for this week and as a late entry for the 25th Season.

my only entry this week...we are off to LegoLand! a mini vacation before school starts!
our restaurant's closed...bags are packed....heading to florida, to do some beach time...and regroup before school starts next monday!
have a great season everyone!!

Excellent theme, Ginny.

I can think of quite a few songs with dream in the title but I'm going to see if I can find trad folk song first.

Hmm, I have a song I wrote that's based on a dream I had once. But the lyrics are just surreal, they aren't "clearly" about a dream. Think I better go search my YouTube library. In the meantime, here's a video from last month of another song I wrote.

Uke4ia, that certainly qualifies as it has "dream" it the title and in the lyrics. If you'd like to enter it officially, we'd need a new video of it with you saying "26th season."

I really like your tiple playing.

Last edited:
my only entry this week...we are off to LegoLand! a mini vacation before school starts!
our restaurant's closed...bags are packed....heading to florida, to do some beach time...and regroup before school starts next monday!
have a great season everyone!!

You captured the melancholy spirit of this tune very well. The concept of it reminds me of Try to Remember.
Have a good vacation---thanks for getting in an entry before you left.

Well I have a few possibilities. Ghosts are much more common in traditional song than dreams but I have three good ones. I just need to work on them.

In the meantime, I posted this as a bonus for the 24th season, but it will also serve as a bonus for this one as well as it fits the theme perfectly.

Top Bottom