Till There Was You - Solo Ukulele

Craig

Reaction score
This song is shared both by the Beatles and Shirley Jones of the Partridge Family. Anyway, it's one of Howard's pretty ballads and I play it on my "baby" Ko'olau. I call it a baby, because it's small in comparison to both my Pineapple and CS Tenor. It's over 10 years old now and sounds great...IMHO. It's what I used on my "Tenderly" CD.

wow, what a gorgeous melody. So beautifully played Craig, that was sweet as mate, thankyou.

Thanks so much! However, I have no idea what "mate" is....must be an Australian usage?
mate = friend :) in Aussie slang, as opposed to the literal description of two people in a conjugal relationship. :p

It's Music Man Week for me. Yesterday I was showing my daughter "Marian the Librarian" as a possible guilty pleasure for the Seasons of the Ukulele. Today there was some blurb on TV about Michael Jackson's daughter going to the family home in Gary, Indiana. I think I'll stop now before someone starts singing "Shi-poopie".

By the way, I like the heliconia in your signature.

It's Music Man Week for me. Yesterday I was showing my daughter "Marian the Librarian" as a possible guilty pleasure for the Seasons of the Ukulele. Today there was some blurb on TV about Michael Jackson's daughter going to the family home in Gary, Indiana. I think I'll stop now before someone starts singing "Shi-poopie."

I grew up in Long Beach, California where they had a light opera company and therefore, saw live productions of most of the major musicals of the day. Unfortunately, the Long Beach Civic Light Opera went the way of the dinosaur years ago....

Really beautifully done. Is your book going to have transcriptions of things like this? I'd love something to help learn these voicing and movements. Really nice.

Really beautifully done. Is your book going to have transcriptions of things like this? I'd love something to help learn these voicing and movements. Really nice.

I wish I could take credit for the arrangement, but it's Howard Heitmeyer's. This will be in my book coming out sometime this fall. Just go to my website and sign up for my blog and this way, you'll get notified when I get it from the publisher. I only blog once every three months or so. Thus, your mailbox won't get full of junk.

It sure would help if I COULD READ!!!...:) Sorry, that I didn't answer your questions the first time. This song is included along with, Here, There, Everywhere, Moon River, Tenderly, When You Wish Upon A Star, Honeysuckle Rose, Wave, Here's That Rainy Day, What A Wonderful World and Mona Lisa.

Top Bottom