Post Your Willie Wixom Build Ukulele.....

Last edited:
Here's mine. She's a beauty, but I am considering perhaps putting her on the marketplace. She's just not getting played enough and she deserves to be played!

She IS a beauty! How much you gonna sale her for?? Yeah, I'm interested.... Only way to jump the waiting list.

Aloha Bruddah,
I'm #124, the B&D Special. Mahogany top, Rosewood back and sides, Snakewood fretboard and bridge, Curly Maple bindings with B/W/B purfling, Curly Maple End Splice and Skunkstripe. Owner designed: headstock with Snakewood verneer, "D" soundhole, end of fretboard. Bridge design by Willie. Strung with Southcoast Flatwound G-650s.

Attachments

• 2012-07-21 005.jpg
    2012-07-21 005.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 75
  • B & D Special 014.jpg
    B & D Special 014.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 64
  • B & D Special 011.jpg
    B & D Special 011.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 63
  • B & D Special 010.jpg
    B & D Special 010.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 64
  • B & D Special 009.jpg
    B & D Special 009.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 57
I bought my Wixom "off the rack" when Wixom-mania hit UU. It's #106, all koa, and I love it.

how many ukes do you have now Mark??

nice looking uke but is there a reason willie wixom ukuleles have holes on the side? i like the look of them but i dont like that hole can you get them custom without that or is it sorta the willie wixom signature? thanks

nice looking uke but is there a reason willie wixom ukuleles have holes on the side? i like the look of them but i dont like that hole can you get them custom without that or is it sorta the willie wixom signature? thanks
Those are called side sound ports and not a regular option...you pay extra for that..Willie's price is 50.00, other
builers can cost multiple times that..

I hope some day. Querried Willie re: my "vision" for an art deco kind of curly maple and ebony thing I call Black Tie and Jean Harlowe. Hope I actually have it built...these ukes seem to be tremendous value in a custom uke.

I hope some day. Querried Willie re: my "vision" for an art deco kind of curly maple and ebony thing I call Black Tie and Jean Harlowe. Hope I actually have it built...these ukes seem to be tremendous value in a custom uke.

wow Phil...now that sounds totally unreal. Would love to see that one if it ever gets off the ground.

Aloha Bruddah,
I'm #124, the B&D Special. Mahogany top, Rosewood back and sides, Snakewood fretboard and bridge, Curly Maple bindings with B/W/B purfling, Curly Maple End Splice and Skunkstripe. Owner designed: headstock with Snakewood verneer, "D" soundhole, end of fretboard. Bridge design by Willie. Strung with Southcoast Flatwound G-650s.

This is the most bad-ass uke I've seen in a while. Wow. (that 808 headstock inlay is sick!)

Top Bottom