Vintage Gibson LG-3 Guitar - $650

Status
Not open for further replies.

strumsilly

Reaction score
I know it's not a uke , but I know some of you on UU play guitar.I'll take this off if it's not appropriate to post here.

Vintage Gibson LG-3. from the neck block number looks to be from "62.
The frets on this LG are in great shape - action is nice and low and playability is excellent. These small body x braced acoustics have a simple and wonderful tone - sweet and bluesy .
I bought this off ebay in 2009 and put over $200 in it to get it playable. 3 dot inlays, 3 frets, reglued braces, truss rod adjusted, etc, done by local ms.
no pickguard and non original Grover tuners. has several repaired and cleated back cracks and a belly and small crack in the top. The bridge has lifted slightly and looks to have been reglued at some point in it's life. The label is not original and was put on by luthier. The defects are all stable and have not changed since I got it.
Comes with newer Gator HSC
These are highly sought after and when minty go for $2000+. because of these defects you can get one that plays every bit as good for a fraction of that. this is an excellent player!
I'm only selling because I now exclusively play ukulele and this just sits collecting dust.
for more detailed pictures go to
http://photobucket.com/gibsoneastbay
for explanation of ladder vs x bracing from vintage guitar site :
http://home.provide.net/~cfh/gibson6.html

"Gibson Flattop Bracing: X-braced vs. Ladder braced.
Especially on low-end Gibson models, how the top is internally braced is a huge deal in regard to collectibility and sound. There are two styles of bracing Gibson used, Ladder and X-braced. Ladder bracing is just how it sounds, the braces go across the top like the runs of a ladder. X-brace is also just like it sounds, the underside bracing forms an "X".

Gibson and Kalamazoo models used Ladder bracing on all their inexpensive guitars. It is generally thought that ladder braced guitar don't sound nearly as good as X-braced. For this reason most ladder braced models will have little collectibility."

Last edited:
I was honestly tempted by this, but I got my guitar out for the first time in a few months, and after playing Uke exclusively since May it felt like wrestling Rosie O'Donnell*

Since there's no guitar markeplace on the guitar forum, I doubt if the mods would have a problem with you posting it here. There are plenty of non-Ukes for sale in this forum.

* please PLEASE believe me when I say, I'm only imagining this. I've never tried it in real life. My back is still hurting from my Jello Wrestling session with Oprah.

HA ha. that's why I'm selling it, the neck feels so FAT and I don't remember what to do with the extra strings. sure sounds good though. jello wrestling with Oprah? wow, that's a scary image.

Last edited:
Oh, how pretty! If I didn't already have a six-stringer I'd likely be sore tempted to grab this.

Just out of curiosity, what is the scale length for this? I'm assuming it's the 24.75"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom