Pretty darn pretty.

Buyer beware of this company.

We have in times past purchased several different species of luthier materials from this company and the material was not dry or not properly dried, sanded, etc. We didn't think that this company acted honorably in making things right. ( Both statements are my opinion take it for what it's worth. )

Blessings,

Kevin

@Kevin
Interesting.
I have purchased a few turning squares from this company, but not often.
Never had a quality issue, but I've found their pricing to be a bit steep.

A couple of those pieces sure would make a fine looking ukulele though..........

My dealings with Cook have been fine both in person and on the web site. They have some nice stuff but, granted, it's not a place to find superior wood at a below market price. I was there just three days ago and bought a drop-dead piece of this redwood that is nearly vertical grain. The shop is a great place to hand pick wood. As for the web site, I've never received anything that was misrepresented. Sorry that Kevin had a bad experience but a negative review can disproportionately affect a vendor and Cook deserves some balance. YMMV, of course.

As for this, it was worth the 22 bucks (I think) that was charged:

7711994108_bb78ac033b_c.jpg

Last edited:
As I said it was my opinion.

We are a supplier of numerous materials and we purchase a large variety of material each month from suppliers all over the world. Our dealings with this company occurred for almost 4 months and we purchased a variety of materials.

Again make your own mind up. We have and we did.... we have a do not deal with again list ..... for suppliers and purchasers this company is on our list. Again my opinion!

Blessings,

Kevin

Kevin:

I hope I conveyed that I was not meaning to diminish your experience. Perhaps those who buy small amounts of selected material are less likely to have the problems that you experienced.

Cheers

i agree with you Kevin, though my bad experience was more on their customer/phone service. the person i spoke to about my inquiry was just flat out jerk. ive never felt so insulted talking to anyone
Buyer beware of this company.

We have in times past purchased several different species of luthier materials from this company and the material was not dry or not properly dried, sanded, etc. We didn't think that this company acted honorably in making things right. ( Both statements are my opinion take it for what it's worth. )

Blessings,

Kevin

Top Bottom