Straight out of the mould

Timbuck

Reaction score
After a short break I'm back building again..So as a matter of interest I thought I would show what a typical soprano of mine looks like straight out of the mould (UK spelling) getting it this far is the easy bit.. Before I start the trimming sanding finishing and all that stuff...as you can see I machine away as much material as i can before the hand work starts...Looks like it will be a salad again today at Tea Time.
PICT0007-5.jpg

PICT0013-5.jpg

PICT0009-9.jpg

PICT0020-6.jpg

Last edited:
The ukulele looks very nice. It is great to see a work in progress. The green of the boxwoods and the lettuce looks great as a backdrop. I wish we had tea time in the US.

I think the lettuce helps show off the wood grain.

You'd think that Bob Mould, being an American, would spell his name Bob Mold. Hmph.

Lovely, Ken. Your dovetails are awesome, as usual. Did the soundhole purfling darken after finishing? I love how the way it looks.

anyone who hasnt got one of these. i would say get one. you wont regret it.

i played a gig last week, and thought i'd take my new Ortega lizard with me. the damn thing has developed a buzz- mid gig.
we had another gig in the evening, so i drove home dumped the ortega and used my "ken timms" for the evening gig.
i always go back to it, time and time again.
best uke i ever played or owned
cheers Ken

Thats it! Job done.
A customer bought a soprano from me about a year ago and he recently informed me that a small hairline crack was developing in the back of it...so I'm going to replace it for him with this one... I hope he likes it.:)
Here it is completed, along side it's Great grand daddy that I copied it from.
PICT0003-24.jpg

I also did a bit of a sound comparison..holding the camera in one hand and plucking with the other...it's a bit out of sync but you get some idea of the similarity...Just click on the image below.

Last edited:
Top Bottom