Snark tuners for $9.95 at Elderly

Thanks for the heads-up. I don't like plugging amazon.com over brick and mortar stores with an internet presence, but for those looking for the cheapest price, the Snark SN-1 is $8.76 (plus shipping, but eligible for free shipping on orders over $25), and the new Snark SN-8 "super tight" tuner is as low as $11.25.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=snark+tuner

If I needed another SN-1, I'd pay the extra $1.19 to support Elderly, but if you want to buy them in bulk or you're already getting other stuff from amazon (to get the free shipping) or you'd like to get a model other than the SN-1 for a comparable price (the SN-8 is $19.95 at Elderly), then check out amazon.com.

I really wonder why they make so many versions? The SN2 does everything and at $11 out the door (no tax, free shipping), why bother with any of the other models? For $2 more you get a mic (can be handy, especially in jams) and metronome.

The Snark's a good tuner at a great price, but I almost don't want to support them simply based on the fact their marketing department appears to subscribe to the "confuse the customer" school of thought. :-/

Just depends on how you will use it most. If you are 80% or more into ukes why wouldn't you get the SN6. It will tune a guitar just as well as an SN1 will tune a uke, but it's more sensitive to uke frequencies. I bought one of those $8.99 SN6's,
fast shipper.....a Snark is a Snark

Just depends on how you will use it most. If you are 80% or more into ukes why wouldn't you get the SN6. It will tune a guitar just as well as an SN1 will tune a uke, but it's more sensitive to uke frequencies. I bought one of those $8.99 SN6's,
fast shipper.....a Snark is a Snark
"it's more sensitive to uke frequencies"

...umm...no it isn't. Not even a little bit.

Anyway, "but I'm into ukes" is great...if you only ever play alone. And you only play open C tuning. But it's handy to be able to tune other instruments even if they aren't yours. I can't remember a jam I've sat in that didn't have at least one non-uke of some kind, but often I'm the only one that brought a tuner. For $2 more having the mic input of an SN2 is a huge win when a clarinet shows up and isn't in tune.

If the SN2 was really $20 I could see the point of the SN6, but at $11 it's hard to justify. That's why I don't understand why they make so many "different" models all within a dollar or two of each other.

Top Bottom