Ready to change your strings but scared to do it yourself? Video help is here!

Great explanation of how to do the ties at the bridge end. That's the part that had me baffled. I hope my next stringing will be a little prettier after your tutorial.

Great explanation of how to do the ties at the bridge end. That's the part that had me baffled.
If anybody is still insecure about the knot even after watching the above video, try this video. It shows a closeup of the bridge knot, including a large model of the knot using a 2x4 and some rope.

Thanks for the vid! Great explanations!

But: is there a reason to change the strings even if they didn't broke?? Are there different kinds of strings for ukuleles?

is there a reason to change the strings even if they didn't broke??
Sure, e.g. if you want to try another overall sound or low G tuning or a different color (e.g. Aurora has strings in a large variety of colors)

Are there different kinds of strings for ukuleles?
Yes, zillions. And there are quite a few threads about "the right" strings here already. Apart from the different tunings (re-entrant vs linear) there are also different materials (basically nylon vs fluorocarbon) in use. Have a look at e.g. The Southcoast Guide to Tuning and Strings for a first detailed overview.

But: is there a reason to change the strings even if they didn't broke??
If you play regularly, your strings will reach a point where they need to be changed. In my case, when I notice my strings are sounding a bit dead, it means they need changing. I usually wait too long before I notice, and the new set of strings makes a huge difference.

Top Bottom