WTB: Vintage Ukuleles - The Tony Ku Collection

Asrafrate

Reaction score
Still fairly new to ukuleles but I really want to build up my knowledge of them. This book came recommended, but unfortunately it seems very hard to find.

If anyone has a copy of this book, and wouldn't mind selling, please let me know and how much you want for it. I can pay via PayPal.

Hello! I have seen the Tony Ku book, and it is really nice, however, I don't think it will help you in the way you are thinking it might. In general, it has pictures of his ukuleles (which I believe are not together in a collection any longer). There was virtually no background or information about history of the ukulele or those specific instruments, just hi-def pics of a handful of his ukuleles. There is far more information on vintage ukuleles online, and many vintage ukulele fanatics on these boards who will freely share our knowledge.

All that being said, I have a friend, a member of these boards, who is a really quality guy who has a copy of that book which he was willing to sell about a year ago. He probably still has it if you are interested. It was pretty expensive when new and the second hand price would likely reflect that.....also, we are both in California, USA and Auckland is just a bit of a journey......

I would be happy to share everything I have learned about vintage ukuleles, which has been passed onto me by others, and by reading on the web and some books which have some information. There is some great history at the late John King's site.... http://www.nalu-music.com/

Also, go here http://www.ukuzoo.com/ and look at "All Collections". There are tons of beautiful ukuleles to peruse.

Last edited:
Ryan aaahhh thanks so much for sharing that. I had hoped it would be a historical guide on ukuleles. I think I still want this book, but I will take your suggestions and focus on gathering my knowledge via the online resources.

Hey Stan :D
Yes I've been going through a bit of a rough patch in life but things are finally starting to settle down and I can pick up a ukulele without feeling guilty about doing things that bring me joy. But I'm back on board now, so huzzah!

Top Bottom