PDA

View Full Version : How's everyone's summer of 2012 build going?

weerpool
08-03-2012, 11:21 AM
haven't seen any new posts from fellow hobbyist lately so im going to break the ice just for laughs.41129.

dannyb
08-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Hi Weerpool
Does being a hobbyist mean that you are making your ukes all for the fun of it? I am wondering out loud as I have been building a few of the last few years and would like to sell some. At that point would I be a pro? Danny

oudin
08-03-2012, 03:51 PM
In this business you are probably a pro when you declare yourself a pro. Then you are certainly a pro when others declare you a pro. Then, when everyone declares you a pro, you are definitely a pro.

weerpool
08-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Hi Weerpool
Does being a hobbyist mean that you are making your ukes all for the fun of it? I am wondering out loud as I have been building a few of the last few years and would like to sell some. At that point would I be a pro? Danny

well IMO you are a pro!! i have been building for a year and a half now too but i still have a day job so technically i am a hobbyist.

Allen
08-03-2012, 09:49 PM
It's actually winter here....But 24C everyday this time of year might make some in the north envious.

ksquine
08-04-2012, 12:38 AM
Ugh...my summer is going terrible! Between the endless heat wave in St Louis and travel for work I haven't spent much time in the shop. I hope fall is much more productive