My first (OK, second...) uke song

hotnuts

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I got my flea about two weeks ago and my tuner from MGM yesterday, and bought the blues book from woodshed a week ago, and have been playing the They're Red Hot progression (from that book) over and over for the last 3 days.

I'm so excited that I couldn't help myself. I recorded it and now I'm back on the forum that first made me want to learn to play the uke.

I don't know where that should be posted, or even if it's appropriate, but anyway, here it is. My first real ukulele song (whole world in his hands doesn't count).

Even if I have played guitar, harmonica and trumpet for a few years now, I don't think I've ever had so much fun with an instrument!

http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/40028/Vincent - Theyre red hot.mp3

Thanks for listening (my wife is getting annoyed now and I need a new public :D)

Cheers,

Vincent

goodo deal man.. i dig it

Thanks for sharing! That is a fun song.

This is extremely cool. Great job. The uke is such an awesome party instrument!

And amen to the support group idea... My fiance is sick of hearing me playing Under The Bridge right now.

Hey thank you all for the kind words! I did not expect more than a reply or two, this is great!

It's also good to know I'm not the only player irritating his loved ones. But who can really blame them?

Baron,

Thanks for the kind words. Happy you commented as I am a big fan of yours. Watched all your videos many times over. Great stuff!

And, yeah, everybody who has a girldfriend/wife who's really enthusiastic about your playing - raise your hands! Ok...let's...see...anybody...?

Ok -- how about a husband? He's my best fan -- ok, my only fan really. He's actually proud that I've worked really hard at this since February. About a month ago he paid for 2/3 of my new KoAloha. Guess I'm just lucky...:D

Top Bottom