Wife gives me 'The Look'

Tailgate

Reaction score
I just told my wife about buying my 3rd Uke and I got 'The Look'... I desperately need a comeback line... quick

help.. please hook a brother up :(

Hmmm......I don't know. Peace with your wife is worth more than the price of 10 ukes. A happy wife makes a happy life. When I get that look, the last thing I'm looking for is a comeback line, I'm looking for a safe retreat! ;)

I just told my wife about buying my 3rd Uke and I got 'The Look'... I desperately need a comeback line... quick

New dress, new shoes, she probably has some wekanesses. Practise on your own version of 'The Look'.

Not that I expect it to work - but you could tell her that you'll stop at three, unlike some other people I know who are well into two digits.

Good luck.

Kathryn

Promise her that this is the last uke you'll ever "need". maybe she'll forget the next time you "need' another one.

I already got the third and she doesn't know yet :uhoh:..... (Dolphin is on permanent loan to my sister, doesn't count). I will be able to defeat "the look" with the affordable price (I guess the necessity of an additional low G won't be the killer argument....) and of course lots of practicing (to show how much I really need ukuleles). :music:

Just don't go beyond your budget, then she should be fine.

Last edited:
Tell her that you'll teach her to play the uke and it's an early b-day present.....of course then she will understand why you are the way you are....Ha ha

We went to Zanzibar and she spent a grand on Tanzanite jewellery. I got f-all. I kept quiet.

We went to Sri Lanka and she spent 3 grand on Moonstone, Star Sapphires and other assorted stuff, all in custom designed gold settings. I got f-all. I kept quiet.

We went to New York and she spent a grand on Pandora jewellery. I got a $ 200 Fender Nohea. Once again, I said nothing.

I'm just storing all this s** up for when I tell her I'm ordering a custom from Chuck Moore and she asks how much it's going to cost.

:)

that could backfire on you if you chose the "wrong" teaching methods....

...Zanzibar ... Sri Lanka ... New York ...
I'm just storing all this s** up for when I tell her I'm ordering a custom from Chuck Moore and she asks how much it's going to cost.

:)

Priceless!! :rotfl:

You say: It's an early Christmas present for the both of us. Look what I picked out for you! This ___________. (enter her spending vice here).

Just tell her the ukes are a lot cheaper than the Harley and the mistress that you really wanted...

Number three is the tough on. Once you get it she will say, "why do you need all thoughs Ukes?" which means she has stopped counting. Then number four and five can come easier! Try the different size or need a nice one and a beater angle.

Good luck

Just make a joke of it. "I can quit anytime I want."

Well, it all depends. Do they cost a ton of money? Or are they cheapos? How long you been playing? A week? 20 years? Are they lateral buys or are you up-grading. Yadda, yadda....

The "you bought this, I will buy this" is a very dangerous game. A fun one, especially if you are the 2nd shopper, but instead of spending $20, now it's $40.

Buying multiple ukuleles is fun only if it comes out of "fun" money.

Remember -- you can only play one at a time.

Sorry, I'm a girl. It seems very true that if the wife is not happy, nobody is happy.

Just sayin'

Last edited:
Top Bottom