PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used the VTP- 200 passive pickup From JJB Electronics?

Coleton33Music
08-04-2012, 01:38 PM
I've seen people use the VTP-200 for their guitar but I haven't found any topic about using this passive pickup for uke.

Basiclly, the pickup consists of:
2 stick on piezos (under the bridge plate)
1 Volume Control
1 Tone Control
1 output jack

Here's a link to the website: http://www.jjb-electronics.com/VTP-200.html

If you've used it, can you tell me your opinion about it.

If you've haven't used it, what do you think?

-Coleton33Music

G Hill
08-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Hi
I have the Standard series PPS 200 fitted to my Martin Baritone and the PPS 100 fitted to my Ohana SK38 soprano.
I am very impressed with these pickups they sound fantastic through my Bose L1 system via a Fishman Pro pre-amp.
They give crystal clear reproduction of sound and they don't effect the acoustic tone of the instruments one bit!
They are really easy to install. I swapped out the standard jacks they come with for switchcraft end strap jacks.
I can't comment on the VTP version but can't recommend highly enough the standard of the pick ups I have fitted,
and all at a very reasonable price!!
Hope this is of some help
Cheers
Gary

Coleton33Music
08-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Thanks Gary,

If the sound is that great without the tone and volume knobs, then I guess the sound would probably get better. Sorta like having an eq without the eq.

G Hill
08-05-2012, 11:31 AM
could be!
The pick ups are really good quality, don't be put off by the low price point.
Have yourself a look on you tube they have some great reviews, mainly guitar admittedly, but
the uke is similar in make up, from this point of view at least :)
cheers
Gary