Uh, help?! Restrung uke, something not right.

airmanfoote

Reaction score
Hello all!

I hope I can explain this correctly. So I just restrung my ukulele. And now somehow the tuners switched directions. Meaning, on my E and A, what used to loosen somehow now tightens. So all four tuners turn the same way for tuning. Not sure if its that big of a deal, but the E string runs up against the A string's slot peg thingy before reaching the nut. It seems to play ok (except for the new string tuning issue) but I was used to turning the tuners a certain way to tune. Really, I want to make sure I didn't and am not damaging anything! Thanks in advance!

It looks like you just wound it the wrong way. I don't think you're damaging anything. If you can't stand having it like this until the next time you change strings, just take them off, and put them back on winding them in the opposite direction.

Yea, thanks Fermin! I see what I did now. HAHAHA!!! Didn't realize I could do that... :p I'll back them off and try again! :D

WooHoo!! It worked! Good as new... :D Thanks again Fermin!

And by the way; D'Addario Titanium T2s are DA BOMB! :p

:)

Glad to be of any help.

I'll have to try those. I just arrived here in Uruguay and haven't checked the music shops yet. I am afraid I won't see anything uke related...

I had to order them from a music shop myself. A store that caters to marching band and orchestra type instruments. Enjoy yourself in Uruguay! Take care!

Top Bottom