My First (and worst) Uke Vid!

BTWriter

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ncmhQaYRfM

Mild language warning: I use the word "cock".

I've only been playing for two days, and am pretty much terrible. But I'm loving it.

Please correct any bad habits I may be forming that you can see, and do share any tips for mangled, bloody strumming fingers. Thanks for watching.

Oh, and I hope it's okay that I kind of flashed the UU gang symbol there at the end...I don't know if I have enough street cred to do so. I'd be willing to off a rival board member if it will retrospectively earn me the right.

I don't think you can "off" anybody here -- but you never know. As for the bloody fingers, they'll heal. It's called practice. But that's ok cuz practicing is fun. Check out your vid in 2 months and see the difference. You got guts!:bowdown:

Kudos for posting a vid after playing for only two days. I am by no means an expert, but try this. Keep your strumming finger (usually the index) relaxed and try not to force your strum. Strum using your wrist (opening and closing a door knob) instead of your arm. Just keep practicing and you'll notice the difference. check out this thread for playing tips. Enjoy!

Hey there,

two tips:

1- Don't strum so hard. You will get fuller sound with less force (but less dB, which is also good for your neighbours).
2- Put some crazy glue on the tips of your fingers = instant calluses (they used that to close wounds in Vietnam. It shouldn't be so bad on your skin)

It's really great you posted that! Thanks

Thanks for the tips, folks. It's a real help.

Maybe if I strum a bit softer my fingernails wont disintegrate so fast...my middle finger is already starting to go.

Top Bottom