Elusive Butterfly

Like your rendition? Love your rendition!

Terrific John! I remember when this song came out (And I like yours better - Lind always seemed a touch "whiney", which you are not!)

I rank it along with another of my favorites from the time period - "Mary In The Morning".

Keep 'em coming, please!

-Kurt​

This is a really nice song from the mid-sixties. Hope you like my rendition!

{side note- I had a Dilated Eye exam on Friday, and this video looks a lot like everything did without my glasses after the exam! A little trippy!}

Mahalo, Campbell, Kurt, and itsme! I experimented with different effects for the video and this one felt right for the song!

beautiful clip John and a smooth, sweet performance mate. Very nice stuff. :)

Thanks, Jon! Really appreciate it!

Really nice rendition.

This song was used as the theme music for a TV sitcom here in the UK.

Really enjoyed your video -- I always like what you do. I finally went to your video site and got an eye and earful of great stuff. I was wondering the other day to someone about Johnny Mathis and if his stuff could be done on the uke. Thanks for posting the chords for Chances Are. Okay, there are lots of them and they're not the easiest -- especially that E and Bm but they sound right for the song, so I guess I'll be learning them. (I've put chord diagrams all over the page) Actually, if I see a E or Bm chord in a song I usually transpose to a key that doesn't use them. Even though the rest of the chords are unusual at least I can play those (sort of). Thanks.

Thanks, tootler! Thanks, Shirley! Instead of transposing a song to avoid certain chords, I highly recommend practicing those chords. Just find the easiest way to finger the chords, then practice those chords in the context of the song. For the E chord, I've found it easiest to bar the entire second fret with my index finger (instead of just the A string), then use the other three fingers to press the fourth fret on the G, C, and E strings... middle on G, ring on C and pinky on E. You'll have to reach a bit and that requires some wrist movement. It might feel weird at first, but once you get used to it, you don't need to avoid the E chord anymore. And that hand position can be used likewise for the Eb chord.

That said, I still hate the F#m7 chord! Ha ha...

Great as always! Love your videos.

Thanks, friends! I really appreciate it!

Thanks, Bill! Bob Lind was something of a one-hit wonder and this song peaked at number 5 on the Billboard chart in 1966. This song takes me back to the days when I was a young boy!

Top Bottom