uke video editing problem with Power Director 10

garyg

Reaction score
Greetings strummers, I've been shooting my uke videos with a Flip HD camera and previously editing them with Windows Movie Maker. I bought a copy of Power Director 10 and have tried a bit of editing, but although the vocal and video are in synch in the raw MP4 file, when I put them in the editor it unsynchs them so that the video is behind the vocals even though I haven't done anything. Anyone know how to fix this problem? I've pawed through all the functions that I could find and can't find a "resynch" function. cheers, g2

This won't fix why you're having the audio synch problems, but here is a way to work around it (theoretically).

I haven't used that program before, but this should be do-able on any video software.

Drag the video clip from Imported Media into the program's video timeline.
Mute the sound on the video in the timeline.
Put the video clip from Imported Media into the Audio timeline, so that it only plays back the audio component of it.
Synchronise the audio with the video by moving it around or trimming.

So basically you're muting the sound in the original video, but synching up the audio separately from the same video clip.

Thanks Kissing, that's a work around that I found on the web, but it's pretty tricky getting them perfectly synched unless you use a clapboard or some other "sound mark" (now I know why they do that in movies and television). As you noted, I still don't understand why the video and audio are perfectly synched when downloaded to my computer and played "raw" but somehow become unsynched when I put them in Power Director 10 just to do some simple cutting on the front and tail end of the video. sheesh, g2

Welcome to the nightmare world of video editing >_<
I've spent several endless nights trying to work around issues myself.

It's probably a codec issue - the filetype that your recorder saves as may not be a well compatible match for the program.

Hmmm, well I found an easier work around. I can upload the Flip HD files to YouTube and use their editor to trim. But it also is something specific to those files because I haven't had any synchronization problems with other Flip videos so it's not likely a codec issue but something that I've done to those specific files. Thanks for your help. cheers, g2

Top Bottom