kanile'a concert or super concert

stevety

Reaction score
i desided to buy the kanile'e concert ukulele would you recommend the concert or super concert. I just have to ask allot of questions before i decide and what would be the best place to buy one i live in California east bay.
thanks Steve

I can't answer about their concert I've never played one but I do have a Kanilea super concert and I really like it. I would highly recommend the super concert if you like a tenor neck.

Same here. I love the Kanilea super concert. Same neck size as the tenors I have had for some time, so parts of the learning curve were less steep. I have low g Fremonts on it now. I prefer the tenor neck. Whichever feels best in your hands as you might prefer the concert neck. The uke fits in an Oahu concert case like custom made and it's a much better size if you travel with it.

i desided to buy the kanile'e concert ukulele would you recommend the concert or super concert. I just have to ask allot of questions before i decide and what would be the best place to buy one i live in California east bay.
thanks Steve
I've had both concert and super concert from Kanile'a. What scale feels more comfortable to you? The concert felt more comfortable to me. But I believe the super concert was louder. Both sound similar.

I have a Kanilea Concert,never played or saw the Super Concert. I love the Kanilea Concert neck and fretboard. Since it is a little wider than most ukes it is just the right size for me. I also have a Kanilea Tenor, but the Concert is the one I play the most. I also have an Islander Concert, and again love the neck.

If you can't decide, then take both!!! Win-Win!!

All kidding aside, you should find a store that carries both models and try them out first. You'll know which one you're meant to play.

Unless you can't decide, then bring an extra credit card or two!

When I got my Kanile'a Super Concert, I was lucky enough to play it next to several Kanile'a tenors and concert sized ukes. The Super Concert was the best sounding of the group I had to choose from. It even had more volume than the tenor. Of course, every uke will sound different, and they can vary a lot. But, I think the Super Concert may benefit from the small body, longer neck configuration. If you like the tenor neck scale, I would go for the Super Concert.

–Lori

Lamorinda Music in Lafayette, near Mt. Diablo Blvd, now carries Kanile'a, too.

- Pam

I've had both concert and super concert from Kanile'a. What scale feels more comfortable to you? The concert felt more comfortable to me. But I believe the super concert was louder. Both sound similar.

I also have both a Kanile'a concert and super concert. Love them both as they have their own unique sound. I usually play my super concert more because I like the tenor scale a little bit more. The super concert has a unique hybrid sound that is between the volume and tone of a concert and tenor. So if you like the size of a concert body but like the deeper/lower tone of a tenor then go with the super concert. Can't go wrong with either.

I don't have a concert, but loves me the superconcert. Is it "better" than a tenor or a concert of the same brand? Couldn't say. That's the downside of ordering online. But it's got earthy mids, low lows, and sparkly highs. It feels like the total package, and is extremely comfortable to play.

I'd check out Uke Source in San Jose or Aloha Warehouse in San Francisco for a Kanilea.

Eric beat me to it.

If you come down this Saturday (8/11) you can hang out at the Kanikapila at 5:30pm and play your new uke too. It's right across the street (sideways anyhow) from Ukulele Source at Roy's Station (coffee shop)

Top Bottom