New Website

Cool product! I want one for travel/a seat. They look heavy though... Probably not a good cross-town-walker case! :)

One thing though... It's near impossible to read the text! A change to a lighter background color would do wonders for the readability.

You should put the approximate weights. I look at that and worry about the weight.

Can't read it, text too dark.

Thanks guys! I changed the color of the text. I will put some weights on there soon as well!

Nice-looking site and product. I hate to go all Grammar Queen on you, but there's a glaring error on your home page ("it's" should be "its").
Although, I see the opposite "Built like its 1860!" should be "Built like it's 1860!"

Regardless, Adam that is a nice website, and those are cool cases. Just a thought, have you considered selling plans for cases?

Last edited:
Although, I see the opposite "Built like its 1860!" should be "Built like it's 1860!"

Regardless, Adam that is a nice website, and those are cool cases. Just a thought, have you considered selling plans for cases?

Ah ha ha...I didn't even see the caption. Bad English prof. Bad! (In my defence, the essay marking has fried my brain.)

I just saw it for the first time, and it looks GREAT!

The site is good as is, but I can't help the former marketer in me coming out . . .

You might consider getting some better photos of your work. When the wood cases sit on wood floors, they really don't stand out like they ought to. You know that uke lovers are often also lovers of wood, so making that wood (even if it isn't fancy, glossy wood) stand out will add to the appeal.

The About Us section is fine, but you might consider putting a bit more "story" into it. Have you seen old cases like this in person? Why did they appeal to you? When did you start making them, etc. You can keep the information you have up front, for people who only want the short answer, but since you're introducing -- or rather, reintroducing -- a product that is quite different than what is already out there, you want to build up the romance or the cool factor a little bit. (Mya Moe is excellent at this and a great model, but you don't need a super-fancy website or a full time web staff, just a good story.) Here's a link to a blog post by Seth Godin that is about marketing and storytelling. It might inspire you.

Your cases look great. Good luck with your new business and congrats!

Last edited:
Top Bottom