PDA

View Full Version : Another new baritone.

Garydavkra
08-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Well, the first baritone that I ordered didn't work out. It had some issues so I sent it back. That happens. I won't go into what they were.

So, I decided to go with my original plan and ordered a Pono acacia baritone. It came this morning. I ran home from work to put it inside the house so, I won't be able to play with it until tonight.

I opened the case and I liked what I saw. I ordered it from HMS so they did a setup on it before shipping. They are really nice and helpful to deal with and it's perfect. I can't wait to tune it up. It has the matte finish, looks beautiful and is actually darker than what I thought it would be. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

Thanks HMS and thanks Pono. :smileybounce:

mds725
08-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Congratulations! I have a Pono solid mahogany baritone that I really like. Ponos are well-made instruments with great sound, and HMS is great. Can't wait for pictures!

berean_315
08-06-2012, 10:43 AM
You should be happy with the Pono. I also have a Pono solid mahogany baritone and love it. It's well made, and plays and sounds great.

Garydavkra
08-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks! It was between the acacia and the mahogany and all I had to go by were the videos. I went with the acacia mainly because, I've never had an instrument made from solid acacia and I liked the tone of both woods.

kvehe
08-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Congratulations! Baritone and HMS - a super combination.

Kathryn

G Hill
08-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Hog has got to be the way to go as far as baritones are concerned.
My Martin is the doggys donuts!!!
Congrats on your new uke
Cheers
Gary

OldePhart
08-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Sweet. Baritones seem to be taking over the uke world one player at a time. :)

I actually have found that I like using mine as big, fat, low-g tenor (though I'm still planning on experimenting with more tunings). Anyway...I'm seriously considering moving the MiSi from my mahogany low-G tenor to my baritone and then selling the low-G tenor as the baritone body does that "schtick" so much better.

John

ichadwick
08-13-2012, 06:58 AM
You should be happy with the Pono. I also have a Pono solid mahogany baritone and love it. It's well made, and plays and sounds great.
Me too. My favourite bari to date. But I tried a Kala spruce top not long ago and liked the brightness.