Another new baritone.

Garydavkra

Reaction score
Well, the first baritone that I ordered didn't work out. It had some issues so I sent it back. That happens. I won't go into what they were.

So, I decided to go with my original plan and ordered a Pono acacia baritone. It came this morning. I ran home from work to put it inside the house so, I won't be able to play with it until tonight.

I opened the case and I liked what I saw. I ordered it from HMS so they did a setup on it before shipping. They are really nice and helpful to deal with and it's perfect. I can't wait to tune it up. It has the matte finish, looks beautiful and is actually darker than what I thought it would be. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

Thanks HMS and thanks Pono. :smileybounce:

Last edited:
Congratulations! I have a Pono solid mahogany baritone that I really like. Ponos are well-made instruments with great sound, and HMS is great. Can't wait for pictures!

You should be happy with the Pono. I also have a Pono solid mahogany baritone and love it. It's well made, and plays and sounds great.

Thanks! It was between the acacia and the mahogany and all I had to go by were the videos. I went with the acacia mainly because, I've never had an instrument made from solid acacia and I liked the tone of both woods.

Hog has got to be the way to go as far as baritones are concerned.
My Martin is the doggys donuts!!!
Congrats on your new uke
Cheers
Gary

Sweet. Baritones seem to be taking over the uke world one player at a time. :)

I actually have found that I like using mine as big, fat, low-g tenor (though I'm still planning on experimenting with more tunings). Anyway...I'm seriously considering moving the MiSi from my mahogany low-G tenor to my baritone and then selling the low-G tenor as the baritone body does that "schtick" so much better.

John

You should be happy with the Pono. I also have a Pono solid mahogany baritone and love it. It's well made, and plays and sounds great.
Me too. My favourite bari to date. But I tried a Kala spruce top not long ago and liked the brightness.

Top Bottom