New Uke Day! - Captain Backpacker

Gmoney

Reaction score
I bought Paul's Captain Backpacker soon after he posted the thread in the UU Marketplace here:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?68212-FS-Captain-Ukulele-Backpacker

And... it arrived Friday! When these first appeared, I immediately fell in love with the concept & as each new one was reported by others, I finally contacted Bevan about a build. But... I never followed through - my UAS was at the "immediate gratification" stage, so the $$ went to some other uke.

Now that I have one, I am in love! What a sweet little instrument. As Paul mentions, this one is closer to a concert scale than the first one the Bevan built, so just up my alley. Brought it with me this trip (I travel every week for business) & am having a blast with it!

Yeah, I could have bought a Risa, or Eleuke, but these NZ native woods are lovely & its just a great concept. Thanks to Bevan for making these little beauties & thanks to Paul for a great deal.

Mahalo!

Congrats Gmoney...Great score.. welcome to the captain backpacker club....hee hee try going down a half step or 2....if you want some tunings let me know..Happy strummings...

Congrats Gmoney...Great score.. welcome to the captain backpacker club....hee hee try going down a half step or 2....if you want some tunings let me know..Happy strummings...

What strings are you using on yours? I'm not in a hurry to change mine out, but wondering just the same. I'm having a blast w/it though.

Hey congratulations! I bet it's light as a feather!

Top Bottom