spamsubi higuchi on compass rose

hawaii 50

Reaction score
has anyone seen spamsubi higuchi play his compass rose ukulele on youtube with herb ohta jr.?..i am trying to figure what kind of wood that uke is made of..this guy is a pretty good player from japan..i was shocked to see him make his compass rose sing..

Last edited:
video link?

has anyone seen spamsubi higuchi play his compass rose ukulele on youtube with herb ohta jr.?..i am trying to figure what kind of wood that uke is made of..this guy is a pretty good player from japan..i was shocked to see him make his compass rose sing..

Is it this video? You can always paste the URL from your browser's address bar in a forum post and that should automatically link to the video.

I can't tell from the distant camera shot what wood that is. Almost looks like one of our mahogany ones, but between the lighting and the size on screen, it's hard to determine. We sell most of our ukes through dealers, so I don't have direct knowledge of what ukes go to which performers a lot of the time.

I can't tell from the distant camera shot what wood that is. Almost looks like one of our mahogany ones, but between the lighting and the size on screen, it's hard to determine. We sell most of our ukes through dealers, so I don't have direct knowledge of what ukes go to which performers a lot of the time.

Kanilea - only slightly less successful at hiding than Osama Bin Laden when it comes to warranty issues

Rick Turner - responds to a simple question about wood in 2 hours

You gotta love custom builders :)

Top Bottom