Dead Man's Handle (Richard Thompson)

Really dig this arrangement, Jim. Nice chord work on the breaks - you do a great job of getting the lead line in there while keeping a nice solid rhythm.... good song choice for your vocal range, as well..... just a great cover, thoroughly enjoyed it.....

Thanks a lot, Bill. I'm hoping that after the train thread a few months back, you've still got another train song left for this week.

brilliant song and wonderfully performed Jim. Been meaning to ask you for ages, what kind of ukulele is that which features in so many of these clips?

It's a Kawika tenor strung with classical guitar strings. David Hurd in Hilo made about 30 ukes a year in his basement workshop, but he'd retired from luthiery when I last saw him in 2006. I saw a guy playing one in 1995 when we were visiting the Big Island, and my jaw just dropped because it put the Martin sopranos I'd been playing for 20 years to shame. The uke doesn't say Kawika or have a logo anywhere on it, except that it has Mr. Hurd's business card glued inside the soundhole.

Top Bottom