singing while playing

CoLmes

UU+
Reaction score
does anyone else have this problem? when i sing without playing im fine but if i try to do the 2 at the same time, it seems like i studder and just cant talk or sing the way i do.. its like left brain right brain anyone have any tips to try and improve this..

i used to be like that but i found that the easiest way to do both is just practice. theres no like magic way, but there are training exercises to do. for example first, master the strumming pattern with your "neck" hand covering the strings.. get that in your muscle memory.
-Then get the chords to be almost second nature and get that in your muscle memory so you can play without thinking like "A-Fm-Bm7... you get it.

afer that humm the melody of the vocals along with the playing of the song....
-finally youre ready

-the whole problem usually comes in when your brain has to recal both the words and the chords.. and throw a strum pattern in there and wow your brain goes crazy.

so my main advice is to practice the song and then understand at what point the chord changes (lyrically ) and go from there

but with anything it's Practice Practice Practice

---- you could also just ge a cute member of the opposite sex to sing for you while you play-- thats always a winner

Last edited:
The way I learned is by memorizing at heart either singing a song or playing it. When you can do one without thinking, you can concentrate on the other. Just keep practicing.

Also, try playing Rock Band and do both guitar and vocals.

Yup, it's all practice. Get your strumming down first, then add the singing.

does anyone else have this problem? when i sing without playing im fine but if i try to do the 2 at the same time, it seems like i studder and just cant talk or sing the way i do.. its like left brain right brain anyone have any tips to try and improve this..

Hey I have the same problem except I wear a string of bells on my ankle for percussion. When I am pickin I have a real problem stompin my foot...in time. I look like a dog when you scratch it's ear....U know like when it's foot moves. It's gotten better with practice.

Top Bottom