Collings Tenor and Ameritage case. Good fit?

Bevelsnob

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a Collings Tenor Uke with the Ameritage silver or Gold series tenor case? If so, how was the fit? Based on the measurements of the uke and the case, the case interior appears to be too big.

By the way, I just learned that the stock Collings uke case is also made by Ameritage. There is a label inside that says GWW/Costa Rica. GWW is Ameritage's parent company. Didn't know that until I contacted Collings Guitars.

Thanks,
Scott

I just checked and my Collings UT-1 fits in an Ameritage Gold series case. No slop at all. Are you not satisfied with the Collings case?

I've found that the UT1 case is a bit too tight - It's actually difficult to get the uke back into the case without the lining folding over. Anyone else notice that? I'm hoping maybe it will break in a bit, but the lining is so thin that I'm not real hopeful of that. Nice case otherwise.

doug tanner

I just checked and my Collings UT-1 fits in an Ameritage Gold series case. No slop at all. Are you not satisfied with the Collings case?

Thanks DKCROWN. Any chance you could take some pictures of your UT1 in the Ameritage for me? I'd really appreciate seeing how well it fits. I'm a little surprised that it's not loose, given the dimensions of the case vs. the uke.

Regarding the stock Collings Case, I'm not a fan of the latches. They come loose quite easily when travelling, and they do not lock. The fact that there are no D rings is a small minus too, and I would add those to the Ameritage if I were to buy one. I'd also like a case that protects the uke better, and has a larger inside compartment.

I love the collings cases and the snug fit they have. That's just the way I want the uke to fit like a glove. That's just my opinion tho.

Thanks DKCROWN. Any chance you could take some pictures of your UT1 in the Ameritage for me? I'd really appreciate seeing how well it fits. I'm a little surprised that it's not loose, given the dimensions of the case vs. the uke.

Regarding the stock Collings Case, I'm not a fan of the latches. They come loose quite easily when travelling, and they do not lock. The fact that there are no D rings is a small minus too, and I would add those to the Ameritage if I were to buy one. I'd also like a case that protects the uke better, and has a larger inside compartment.

Will do later today

Here are the pics as promised. There is a little gap around the waist, but the uke fits well with no slop.

003-7.jpg

002-5.jpg

001-6.jpg

Here are the pics as promised. There is a little gap around the waist, but the uke fits well with no slop.

Hi dkcrown,

Thank you! I appreciate you doing this for me. Looks like an acceptable fit with the possible exception of the waist. That's probably not a deal breaker, though. I've asked Ameritage if they can create a custom interior for me, based on the measurements they use for the case they make for Collings. No reply just yet.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share the pictures.

Scott

Top Bottom