Good software to write a full music score with ukulele

timothypfox

Reaction score
Hello! I'm looking for a music score software that will ideally allow me to have the first line (treble clef) to represent the melody of the singing along with the words, and the second line to allow me to notate ukulele in tab and also put in the chords and a chord diagram for chords that don't have names if I so chose. I may also want to add another instrument or two such as a bass guitar.

TableEdit might be too basic for all this, but what about something like Sibelius? Could it do this, or do they even have an option for ukulele? Sibelius 7 Trial looks super complicated! MuseScore looks like it will develop these things in future releases - but to use it you have to become fluent in HTML type of programming specific to MuseScore....

Any (better) suggestions?

Paid software.... Guitar Pro 6 sounds like a perfect match to your requirement.
You can download the trial version, and they have ukulele sound bank for playing too.

Yeah I would second what Foxfair said about GP6. Also worth looking at would be the free version of Finale if they still offer it.

I use Sibelius. It is complicated (and expensive) but it will do everything you will ever want. Being by far the most used piece of professional scoring software, it is really intuitive and a joy to use.

If you are a teacher or a student (or know someone that is) you can buy it at around half price. These editions are exactly the same as the full version.

I have been happy with Guitar Pro 6. About $60 USD and they also have mobile apps for Android and iPad/ iPhone.

–Lori

I appreciate the advice about Guitar Pro 6 and Sibelius. I ended up getting Guitar Pro 6 because of the pricing, and so far it looks excellent and does everything that I need. Thanks again for the help!

Top Bottom