I want more Luthier Ukuleles XD

Dappleyard

Reaction score
I recently received my beautiful bruce wei ukulele. It really is well built and holding up well however it is a tad on the heavy side therefore muffling it sound a bit
422248_10150983948858365_422785563_n.jpg
none the less i love the idea of collecting more luthier ukuleles but at the same time i am a student of can not afford the big names , so can anyone recommend any other luthiers that make great sounding ukes for up to $250?
I Don't know if there will be many others but worth a punt :p

By describing Bruce Wei as a "luthier", you've probably alienated every custom builder on the forum ;)

Just sayin'

Might I inquire as to how they changed the set up just out of interest :p

There aren't too many (good) luthier-built ukes out there for $250. Most in that range are hobbyist builders (which doesn't make them bad; just not in the same class as a custom builder). The $400 price point can get you an entry-level LoPrinzi from Hawaii Music Supply, which is a fantastic deal. Also look into Keli'i if you want something made in Hawaii.

I'm getting set to build my own uke (hobby) and I don't think I can purchase all the wood/ hardware and finishing supplies for too much under $250.00.

Top Bottom