Best ukulele maker with the shortest wait time

NewKid

Reaction score
I just heard from Acoustic Music Works in Pittsburgh that Collings "has stopped booking new uke orders for the foreseeable future".

By the way, AMW has the largest Collings uke selection at http://www.acousticmusicworks.com/ukuleles.html

Who is the best ukulele maker with the shortest wait right now?

Answer: Eric Devine 2+ years

Perhaps I should rephrase: Best ukulele maker with < 6 months wait?

Maybe Black Bear Ukuleles -- Duane posts on here sometimes -- I don't think his wait list is too long but I don't know for sure

I just heard from Acoustic Music Works in Pittsburgh that Collings "has stopped booking new uke orders for the foreseeable future".

By the way, AMW has the largest Collings uke selection at http://www.acousticmusicworks.com/ukuleles.html

Who is the best ukulele maker with the shortest wait right now?

Answer: Eric Devine 2+ years

Perhaps I should rephrase: Best ukulele maker with < 6 months wait?

Luis Feu de Mesquita

He is currently building 4 ukes right now but I'm sure he could fit you in as 2 are custom orders so the other 2 could be delayed a little.

www.lfdmguitars.ca

You should also state around what price range you are willing to spend.

I'm getting a Mya-Moe in 62 days (but who's counting?). I just ask the question in general because the very long lead time for the top builders would seem to provide an opportunity for up and comers.

I'm getting a Mya-Moe in 62 days (but who's counting?). I just ask the question in general because the very long lead time for the top builders would seem to provide an opportunity for up and comers.

But there's a reason why they have a long wait list.

I should be getting a Compass Rose about the time you receive your MM.

Brian Griffin at Griffinukuleles.com. I'm getting ready to sell my Mya Moe because I play my Griffins more. MM is an outstanding uke but just reach for more G's first. I know he is getting ready to make three more and has three Concert Pinecones finishing up shortly.

If you're looking for a tenor, I may have a Mya Moe available. It's better to PM if interested.

Last edited:
That's what I'm talking about! I've never heard of Brian Griffin but I'm going to his website now.

Thanks Patrick

Don't let the wait time make your choice on which custom uke to get. Get the one you want the most and maybe buy something to hold you over until it is ready. I got a Kamaka HF-3 and sold it when my Moore Bettah started got closer.

I suspect "best ukulele luthier" and "shortest wait time" are mutually exclusive - all you can do is hope to find the uke you want from the builder you like in a timeframe you can live with.

John

Whats the rush...you have a Mya Moe coming....you plan to keep buying more??? I get on list and be patient....well try to at least...LOL
um Chuck I know you see this...tee hee hee:eek::)
Steve Van Pelt is another one too:)

Last edited:
Maybe you should try a custom Covered Bridge uke from Perry and Terry.

I really need to get on their build list.

I don't know. From Mike's post above it sounds like a William King uke with no wait is pretty phenomenal. Mya-Moe brings new ukes to various ukulele festivals and that's also a great way to get around that 7 month wait.

I won't be buying a new uke for a while with my Mya-Moe coming. I just wanted to learn about some other rising ukulele makers.

Last edited:
I don't know. From Mike's post above it sounds like a William King uke with no wait is pretty phenomenal. Mya-Moe brings new ukes to various ukulele festivals and that's also a great way to get around that 7 month wait.

hey i sent you a pm about vento ukuleles on the big island..mm stan told me about fred vento...right stan..

Top Bottom