New Dolphin in Minnesota

vanflynn

-----
UU VIP
Reaction score
This is the reason that everyone should own a dolphin

new dolphin.jpg

A freind of mine borrowed my Ohana CK-20S and a copy of Daily Ukulele to learn to play. I asked her how it was going and she said "Slow, my 9 year old has been hogging it all the time". I made a quick call to Mike at Uke Republic and presto, we now have a new uke player (I sprung for the orange string upgrade!)

Thanks Mike for the fast and awesome service. You helped make a young girl smile.

Great picture! Good for you for spreading some uke cheer.

I purchased a white dolphin from a music store dirt cheap (just about free) since the neck was broken clean off of the body. Glued it up, set it up and gave it to me niece. The smile on her face was more than worth the price of admission. I had to give her mom (my sister) a uke as well, and now her guitar playing son wants one. Good thing I have four more ukes in my possession to fix up and give away.

Dan

That picture says it all. Great thing you did there.:)

She sure looks like a happy camper. I'm betting that she'll be a great uke player in no time. You did a wonderful thing for a beautiful young lady.

Wow, way to go! I love this kind of story!

Totally agree and mine has been lent out a few times in the four months I've had the pleasure of owning it. Unfortunately on the home front my 18 month old daughter makes a beeline for my pono baritone in preference over anything else. Why is it my children are already developing expensive tastes? ;)

Great Story....and thank you..my favorites.....with a smile and hugging the ukulele like that...if I got her one, I'd be gleaming from the inside too..thank you for sharing...Happy strummings

Nice!
I loaned out my dolphin to a friend, who wanted to learn to play the ukulele while on vacation.
Not only is she now on the look out for a mint green one, her stephdaughter is also hooked, and wants a pink one for her birthday.
We're heading for the store as soon as they get back.

I gave my green dolphin to my grandson (He was playing it and asked if i would buy him one just like it so I told him it was now his) . He loves to play it and we now have some very happy times playing ukuleles together. It is wonderful to see kids with a love of music rather than just playing on a games machine.

It is wonderful to see kids with a love of music rather than just playing on a games machine.
I agree 100%. I love it when I see kids getting into music....something that they can do their entire lives. It takes focus and dedication. I started at the age of 9 and it has brought so much joy to my life. It's something that I'm looking forward to in my golden years.

I can agree with that. I haven't taken a full week off of work in years. Two weeks ago, I took the week off to help at my sister's music camp where we assembled, painted and learned to play the Bradford Donaldson Youthaleles I built. The smiles were priceless, and when they go to my sister for their music lessons (piano, violin, viola, etc), they bring their ukuleles to her to be tuned up. Makes me feel really good.

DSCN1957.jpg

Dan

Last edited:
My Friday just felt 1000 times better. That is awesome!!! Smile is priceless!!!

View attachment 41394

A freind of mine borrowed my Ohana CK-20S and a copy of Daily Ukulele to learn to play. I asked her how it was going and she said "Slow, my 9 year old has been hogging it all the time". I made a quick call to Mike at Uke Republic and presto, we now have a new uke player (I sprung for the orange string upgrade!)

Thanks Mike for the fast and awesome service. You helped make a young girl smile.

Top Bottom