Hang Jake Shimabukuro!

The Big Kahuna

Reaction score
From your wall...

Yes folks, this is your chance to own the least-talked-about piece of art since Damien Hirst pickled his cat and sold it for a million bucks!

Lovingly crafted from rare 1's and 0's, this beautiful wall hanging is guaranteed to hold it's value like an Edsel!

This many-of-a-kind artwork is a faithful duplication of the first four bars of While I'm Smoking on the Water my Stairway to the House of the Rising Sun Gently Weeps by James Shimikiro.

Potential buyers from the Southern United States can be confident that this heirloom item is constructed entirely from endangered species, and has been deep-fried to make sure they're dead.

This item is NOT available in the shops, and may only be ordered when replying to emails from the ex-wives of deceased Nigerian generals.

weeps2.jpgweeps.jpg

Almost as cool in the world of art as, say, the Orvillecopter

But I am sensing that Kahuna is not impressed with Jake ;)

Last edited:
Actually, I was pretty impressed by the Orvillecopter. However, my creation has the same effect on Uke' players that 50 Shades of Grey has on women.

Potential buyers from the Southern United States can be confident that this heirloom item is constructed entirely from endangered species, and has been deep-fried to make sure they're dead.

Why not just use Mahogany, like on a Luna Soprano?

While I'm Smoking on the Water my Stairway to the House of the Rising Sun Gently Weeps

I was just playing this, just now!

I hope you used grandma's fish batter recipe for the frying.

Ok, time to put seeso out of his misery:

I was looking for something to put on my wall and noticed a sheet of tab out of the corner of my eye. I thought "hey, wouldn't it be cool to have the intro to a song hanging on the wall"

Then I though "would itbe cool to have the intro to a song hanging on the wall ?"

So, I did what I always do when planning something that I can't picture in my head...I modelled it in 3D and composited (a fancy word for the stuff they do in movies) it into a photograph of my computer room. I just picked "Weeps" because I had the tab handy, and I do actually like Jake, just not as much as I like some other Uke players.

Anyway, having modelled it in 3D, it occurred to me just how easy it would be to make. A few lengths of dowel, some black paint and a bagful of house numbers, or whatever.

On your marks...get set...DRILL!

Here's what it looks like before rendering:

c4d.jpgc4d2.jpg

Huh. My husband makes pipes... But before he did that, he made icons for companies. One of his favorite tools when he could use it was 3dstudiomax. I think I just found him another use for it besides making iPad home screens.

Top Bottom