Brittni's KoALoha: for sale?

coolkayaker1

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-buil...8?pt=Guitar&hash=item20c99cc138#ht_500wt_1413

Is this really Brittni's Koaloha used until last year? I thougt hers had fretboard inlays that said, "Brittni". Hmm. Thought I'd throw it up here for Uke Talk.

Anyone want to buy it to find out? Funny, everyone autographed it from her new band, except Brit herself. lol

Sellers feedback great, but only feedback as a Seller (not a Buyer) was in 2002. Hmmm.

Last edited:
Crown bridge tenor, looks like a good deal even if it is not Brittni's.

It could be, I had asked her about buying it on Twitter back in April. I can't remember what the price she wanted was, but I do remember it was way out of my budget. Don't quote me on this but it may have been about 4K if I recall. I tried searching the Twitter feed but can't find the price listed.

I would have jumped all over it on eBay, except for the autographs on it, that actually really ruins it for me -- those were not on it when I was looking at buying it from her. I do wonder what the reserve price is.

I would have jumped all over it on eBay, except for the autographs on it, that actually really ruins it for me -- those were not on it when I was looking at buying it from her.
Ruins it for me, too.

"Ukulele is autographed by Les McCann, Tom Scott, Skip Martin, and Javon Jackson."

Who cares?

Crown bridge tenor, looks like a good deal even if it is not Brittni's.

And her custom stage uke most definitely had her name on the fretboard. As seen on her very own MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/brittnipaiva/photos/38358689
The one on her myspace does not have the crown bridge like the ebay one.

Yeah, it sure looks like hers. I can't believe 1) she's selling it, 2) she's selling it with only a $1000 reserve. ???? It will always be a mystery to me....

The one on myspace is a newer one. She played the one on ebay for a long time before the one with "Brittni" on the fretboard showed up.

I can't believe 1) she's selling it, 2) she's selling it with only a $1000 reserve. ????
Actually, it says the opening bid is $1000 with "reserve not met" so who knows what the reserve really is.

Not me, I don't want a tenor. I sold mine.

KoAloha made tenor ukes with "Brittni" inlaid on the fretboard that anyone could purchase. When I went on the factory tour a couple of years ago, they had one hanging on the factory seconds wall.

KoAloha made tenor ukes with "Brittni" inlaid on the fretboard that anyone could purchase. When I went on the factory tour a couple of years ago, they had one hanging on the factory seconds wall.

That is funny, that would be a detraction for me. I just wanted her uke because it was a curly koa crown bridge. :)

If the price was right, "Goo Gone" will remove the autographs without ruining the finish. Use it on my "previously owned" ukes with no problems. Removes the gummy stuff from stickers too..................

If the price was right, "Goo Gone" will remove the autographs without ruining the finish. Use it on my "previously owned" ukes with no problems. Removes the gummy stuff from stickers too..................
Goo gone removes indelible magic marker? I learned something here.

Thanks for the tip. I have no business even considering buying that uke, but that does make it a lot more attractive.

That is interesting that it has no bids. As a seller, I understand the value of a reserve auction, but as a buyer I hate them. I wish it told you the reserve. As a buyer, I feel like what is the point of starting a bid at $1k if the reserve is 3k or 4k.

Last edited:
I am not sure Goo gone or Goof off are really the best option for a nitro finish. They contain acetone. I have used them on poly finishes but best to go with naptha for the KoAloha

I saw one hanging on their factory seconds wall when I did the factory tour two years ago. I asked them about it and they said it was actually Brittni's uke and she had brought it in for repair awhile ago. They decided they wouldn't be able to fix it so they were building (or had built...I don't quite remember) a new one. The one hanging on the wall was not for sale.

Thanks for the tip. I have no business even considering buying that uke, but that does make it a lot more attractive.

That is interesting that it has no bids. As a seller, I understand the value of a reserve auction, but as a buyer I hate them. I wish it told you the reserve. As a buyer, I feel like what is the point of starting a bid at $1k if the reserve is 3k or 4k.

I'm with you -- as an eBay seller I can appreciate a reserve but as a buyer I don't like them. I think the reason for starting bidding so much lower than the reserve is to get ass sense of where the market is. For example, if this seller had a $2,000 reserve and set the starting price at $2,000 and got no bids, he wouldn't gather any information about how the marletplace values the item. By setting the opening bid lower than the reserve, he may get bids, for example, of $1,100 or $1,200 or $1,500. He would then learn that the marletplace valued the item lower than the price for which he was silling to sell it. As a buyer, I find it annoying not to know what the reserve is, but I imagine the seller here is doing some market research.

Top Bottom