Banjolele strings

Nige52

Reaction score
I know the lengths of the various wooden uke strings and their thicknesses, but could someone tell me if banjo uke strings come in different lengths please? I mean, do they come as Soprano, Concert etc etc, and is the length any different?

What type of banjo uke do you have? I believe all of the old ones where soprano in scale. I have soprano worth clears on mine. From what i've seen of the new banjoleles they are mostly concerts.

I know the lengths of the various wooden uke strings and their thicknesses, but could someone tell me if banjo uke strings come in different lengths please? I mean, do they come as Soprano, Concert etc etc, and is the length any different?

Banjo uke strings are the same strings as ukulele strings. Just choose the brand you like the best and put them on your banjo uke. Banjo ukes are usually (but not always) soprano scale. You can use any soprano ukulele strings for these.

Aquila and a few others have designated "banjo ukulele" strings, all the way up to baritone length. Not sure, but thought they were a little "thicker" than standard uke strings and are prefered by many banjo uke players over the competition.....with or without merit. I just got my first banjo uke, a concert size, and it came with Aquilas on it. Having some upgrades installed (calfskin head, knotless tailpeice, harder maple bridge) and a setup done at GoldTone, and they recommended I keep the Aquilas on.

Also depends on how you want your banjo uke to sound. George Formby didn't use Aquilas,and his instruments sounded great.

Top Bottom