Private message storage limit

The Big Kahuna

Reaction score
Any chance you could increase it ? It seems to fill up at very inconvenient moments. Most of the forums I inhabit have limits of 250 messages, split between the incoming & outgoing messages. The only factor would be an increase in the size of the forum database, and I can imagine that costing extra from the hosting provider.

i agree....

Message storage goes up to 300 if you become a UU VIP-- and it's a great way to support the site!

You have the option to download your PMs before you delete them to make more room. This is at the bottom of your PM page:

Download all Private Messages as:
XML | CSV | Text

Don't know about the first two formats, but plain ole text works just fine. :)

If you use paypal to pay your VIP membership, you can go into paypal and cancel the recurring payment anytime your want.
As soon as they get rid of the automatically recurring VIP membership, I'm in with both feet.

I just joined and if I continue to play the uke one year later, I'll be more than happy to continue to support UU!

Immediately after paying for the UU VIP membership, I went to PayPal and cancelled the recurring membership.

Yeah, that makes it a multi-step process, but I got it done with little effort.

I've done this two years in a row.

As soon as they get rid of the automatically recurring VIP membership, I'm in with both feet.

-Kurt​

Immediately after paying for the UU VIP membership, I went to PayPal and cancelled the recurring membership.

Yeah, that makes it a multi-step process, but I got it done with little effort.

I've done this two years in a row.

-Kurt​

Thanks Kurt and Olgoat. I thought if I did that the VIP would end itself ( eg no more larger PM box). But, apparently that's not so?

I think that UU should offer it without recurring payments, as does every other Forum (kayaking, writing, camping and hammocking) that I belong to. But, it's their choice.

Top Bottom