PDA

View Full Version : APB out on MIA Aphid & Ladybug

Tudorp
08-10-2012, 10:04 AM
I am worried now. I have an Aphid and a Ladybug I built for a customer and sent to Asia over a month ago. They are MIA, and the PO thinks it might be hung up in customs our of CONGUS. That worries me... I want the guy to get those soon, he has been very patient in waiting for them to be built, and now this BS.

Shazzbot
08-10-2012, 10:20 AM
That's what happens when you send insects to other countries.
;-)
On a slightly more serious note, it's probably confusing to all that the US is shipping products TO Asia.
!

Gmoney
08-10-2012, 10:34 AM
You DID have all the appropriate Lacey's Act paperwork in the box w/the bugs? Right???

Mahalo!

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
08-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Depending on the country of destination, a month is too soon to get worried.

Tudorp
08-10-2012, 10:58 AM
I did not have any Lacey's act paperwork in there. They are made from Mahogany, but legal mahogany & rosewood. I hope that isn't why they are being detained.

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
08-10-2012, 11:42 AM
I did not have any Lacey's act paperwork in there. They are made from Mahogany, but legal mahogany & rosewood. I hope that isn't why they are being detained.

It doesn't matter what kind of wood it's made of, if it's a musical instrument it should have the proper export papers included required by the Lacey Act. At the very minimum, when shipping overseas there should be a description of the contents attached to the OUTSIDE of the box.
More than likely they are just backed up at Customs.