Kohala K2-C or Kala KA-C?

UkeSteph

Reaction score
I play piano and know about a half dozen guitar chords (which allows you to play a remarkable number of songs), but I would like to learn the ukulele. I struggle with the size of the guitar. I would like a concert size, and I have narrowed it down to the Kohala K2-C or Kala KA-C. I have read that Koa wood is best but mahogany is nice too.
Any recommendations? Which brand is better? Anything else I should look at?
Thanks.

Keep in mind those are both laminate ukuleles. I don't know how much difference is made with what kind of the wood veneer the laminate has, but they won't sound as nice as solid wood instruments or one with a solid top. Options depend on your budget. I'm fond of my newly purchased Islander tenor, but they run $165 for concert size.

Search the UU forums for more advice/recommendations on different models and online retailers who will do a set up with your purchase.

Kohala is the cheapo department of Lanikai, like Makala is the cheapo department of Kala ukes. Only based on those facts I would choose the Kala. But hey, I never even touched both instruments, so the Kohala could be waaaaay better than the Kala.

Top Bottom