Midnight Special

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
A Bonus Track for the 25th Season of the Ukulele.

A Public Domain song attributed to Texas Convicts, this song was collected by Alan Lomax in the 30s. There are many versions, including Creedence Clearwater Revival's, but the definitive version is arguably Leadbelly's (Hudie Ledbetter).

While there was no specific use of the word "train" in this song, The Midnight Special itself was a train.

I used my Low-G Waverly Street #38 Soprano ukulele for this song. Full and mellow, strung with Worth Clear strings, I don't play this wonderful instrument too often - it is small, light, and feels fragile - but there are just some times when no other instrument works in my head. This was one of those times.

Enjoy.

-Kurt​

Imam pretty sure Re going to hit every song I am working on by tomorrow...I got one more I figure. Such a nice job I would not dare! :)
A Bonus Track for the 25th Season of the Ukulele.

A Public Domain song attributed to Texas Convicts, this song was collected by Alan Lomax in the 30s. There are many versions, including Creedence Clearwater Revival's, but the definitive version is arguably Leadbelly's (Hudie Ledbetter).

While there was no specific use of the word "train" in this song, The Midnight Special itself was a train.

I used my Low-G Waverly Street #38 Soprano ukulele for this song. Full and mellow, strung with Worth Clear strings, I don't play this wonderful instrument too often - it is small, light, and feels fragile - but there are just some times when no other instrument works in my head. This was one of those times.

Enjoy.

-Kurt​

Top Bottom