Chord Diagram file with individual gifs or jpegs?

ddanner

UU VIP
Reaction score
I would like to make some of my own practice sheets ala Uncle Rod's suggested process in his 2011 revised Free Songbook. Does anyone know of a free available file of good chord diagrams that can be pasted into my word processing software? I found where someone had once posted such a file of gif images on UU but it is no longer a viable link.

I can find lots of ukulele chord "Charts" but I would then need to photo edit these to pull out the individual chord diagrams for later pasting into my practice sheet. It would be much easier to find an existing file of such images. Individual chord images would also be useful if I ever wish to add them to a video "if" I ever reach that point.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for . . . The Kiwi Ukulele Song Template

Thanks for such a quick reply! The eagerness to help that exists in the UU community is amazing.

The "chart" has exactly the type of image I would like to find, but I am unable to select and copy individual images from this pdf file.

Interestingly, the site: http://www.ukulele.org/?Downloads

that is mentioned in a response in yesterday's post entitled: "Complete D Tuning Chords Charts?" has a chord chart pdf file that does permit the selection of individual chord diagrams, but the quality of the image isn't the greatest and they do not convey as much information as the chart you linked. Perhaps I just need to figure out if there is a way to select individual chords from your referenced chart that I am currently unaware of.

Download the Zip file and extract the contents which are jpg files. Here's what the Readme file says;

KIWI UKULELE CHORD DIAGRAMS

DECODING THE NAMES:

G.jpg • G major
G[2].jpg • Second-position G
G[var1].jpg • Variant, usually using different fingers...
C[var1,4th].jpg • ...such as C using the little finger.
Em[bar].jpg • Barred version of the chord
Em[0432].jpg • Variant showing actual frets held down: e.g. 0, 4, 3, 2.

HOW YOU CAN USE THESE:

Rather than copyright these chord diagrams (all 168 of which were lovingly hand-crafted in Illustrator), I'm making them available as a public service to uke players, under a Creative Commons license (attribution, non-commercial, share alike: more details at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/)

Roughly, that means:
• You can use them for anything you like, share them, tweak them, whatever.
• You don't need to ask permission.
• You do have to include at least the following text on each page "Chords: www.kiwiukulele.co.nz" (see the template for an unobtrusive way to do it)
• BUT you can't make a buck off them (which includes paid workshops, uke songbooks you sell, or uke websites with advertising) unless you ask me first--I'll probably say yes, though.
• AND any publication that uses the chords has to have a Creative Commons license. That is, you can't copyright work I'm giving away.

If you share the chords with someone, please make sure you include this note. Enjoy!

Mike Dickison • www.kiwiukulele.co.nz

Download the Zip file and extract the contents which are jpg files. Here's what the Readme file says;

They are perfect! Just what I was looking for. Obviously, on my first visit to your recommended link I looked only at the images there and failed to note the description of what I wanted because it was under the heading: The Kiwi Ukulele 'Song Template.' I thought you were suggesting the chord chart to the left. I guess I needed a bit more than a gentle, point in the right direction. Thanks for pushing my nose into it! :eek:

I can hardly wait to make my first "custom" practice sheet!

Thanks for the help.

Top Bottom