Koaloha CROWN BRIDGE Super Concert with Kamoa Fiberglass Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

marymac

Reaction score
Special uke, special case.

As mentioned in other posts I'm cleaning out my storage room so selling a number of ukes. This one is a Koaloha Super Concert with a crown bridge. Bridge is perfectly glued - no gaps. I bought this from Experiment Jon here on UU last year so if you know Jon you know that it's in perfect condition. I'm selling because I have to - HAVE to make some space.

Right after I bought this uke I bought it a special case - a red Kamoa super-concert case. Has a couple tiny scuffs but it has literally never been out of the house since I bought it so it looks awesome - just like the uke!

I'm selling the combo for $1000 shipped, or $850 for the uke without a case. Prefer paypal but I'll ship worldwide.

i-gDg6Xbs-L.jpg

i-2NQBx3T-L.jpg

i-tnthp58-L.jpg

i-jmr9tw7-L.jpg

Dang! Nice Uke! Nice Case!

Wow, you walk into the room with that case, you'd better be able to play a ukulele!

I'm out. Lol

W/o the case, this is a GREAT deal on a classic KoAloha uke! The Super-Concert is one of my prized ukes - and the case?!? WOW - just puts the whole package together.

Whether or not you think your playing meets the high bar that this uke seems to demand - the sound will blow you away! Somebody buy this thing quick! I don't "need" another one!

IF it sells w/o the awesome case... I'm in for the case... PM sent.

Love the uke and case but as a photographer I want to say those are excellent photo's. Always been a fan of high key, to me it accents the subject best. Great job.

Thanks for all the great comments guys - about the uke and the photography! I made a few more photos of the top in response to a question about whether this has any ?bellying? or sinking in the top between the bridge and soundhole. Looks fine to me but in case anyone wants to see what I can see, here it is. Certainly doesn't affect the sound if there is anything!

i-PqcpPZ9-L.jpg

i-Lcszhz8-L.jpg

i-qzPXpG2-L.jpg

i-Ffjbhmc-L.jpg

The bellying was a rare case that popped up on the forums and I find it funny/nonsensical/ignorant that people on here are now associating KoAloha to sinking midsection...
I need two hands to count the amount of KoAlohas I've owned from vintage to new and have never had a problem, they're amazing luthiers and stand by their craft.

This one is almost too tempting, I suppose if it's still around once my ukes sell and I don't find a Kamaka-super I'd take her... good luck

Wow, you walk into the room with that case, you'd better be able to play a ukulele!

I'm out. Lol
ha ha...my thoughts exactly Steve...you could just do what I do and say "I'm looking after it for a mate". Good way to lower expectations. :)

ha ha...my thoughts exactly Steve...you could just do what I do and say "I'm looking after it for a mate". Good way to lower expectations. :)

That's what I'D have to say - you have no need for such niceties Eugene. You play great!

Those pictures are fantastic! When I saw the nice characteristic stripe on the back, I wondered if it was the one I owned. And indeed, it was. Truly an outstanding uke. The sound was so responsive and bright with worth browns. Out of all the instruments I sold, this is probably the one that was the hardest to part with...no joke.

Aloha Mary,
A year ago, I would jump on this.
Now that I entered the Luthier built realm, I'm leaning more towards custom built (for me) ukes.
Good luck on your sale..................................BO................................

Thanks guys! It's a lovely piece of work and sounds beautiful. I'm pretty much playing my Collings and Pohaku these days so the other amazing ukes I have - and there isn't a dud in the bunch - have to find new homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom