I just got a "silent" Uke.

It looks very cool! Congrats on your new electric uke. I look forward to reading your thoughts and experiences on it once you receive it.

When we were on a long cruise last Spring we saw the lead guitar player using one in guitar shape to practice before they performed. He was sitting just outside the lounge and it was silent. We'd never seen anything like and wondered if there was a uke model. Thanks.

Ya. I can't believe the deal I got on it. For sure I'll give a report back to you guys when I get it. I am very excited. Now I can practice at 3am and not wake the wife. I really have high hopes for this little Uke. I hope it all works out.

Looks like it has traditional strings on it and not metal strings, which is perfect!!!

For sure I'll give a report back to you guys when I get it. I am very excited. Now I can practice at 3am and not wake the wife. I really have high hopes for this little Uke. I hope it all works out.
I have a SoloEtte silent classical guitar, which is basically built on the same principle.

It is great for what it is, but without a hollow wooden body to vibrate, it lacks the resonance and warmth you get from a real CG. There are no factors like laminate vs. solid or mahogany vs. koa to influence the tone. I would describe the sound as being a bit sterile. I imagine a silent uke would be the same.

Just don't expect it to sound the same as a regular uke and you won't be disappointed. For late night/early morning quiet practice, I'm sure it will more than fit the bill. :)

So I got the Uke!!! It is just a great little Concert uke. It is made in China. So take that for what it's worth. The final build quality isn't amazing, but overall, it is built very well. I haven't plugged it into an amplifier just yet, so I can't report the sound that it has from an amp.

It is quiet; Obviously.

I'll provide more feedback when I get it amped up.

Top Bottom