What brand of `ukulele strings do you prefer?

kalanz808

Reaction score
I currently use Aquilas, but am heading to HMS today to maybe pickup something different, just to experiment. What strings do you use or prefer more than others?

Just restrung my Dolphin w/Freemont Blacklines yesterday. Still streching, but I think I'm gonna like them. Aquilas are I have ever used until now.

Aquila's on the Dolphin, Southcoast Heavy Gauge reentrant G tuning on the baritone.

Overall I prefer Worth Medium Browns although I also like the Fremont Blacklines and Martin Fluorocarbons.

Doesn't Aaron at HMS have his own line of strings ? Maybe give those a try.

I'd be more interested in knowing what the various "other" brand strings are that various people voted for.

right now i like a living water or Phd LowG string and savarez alliance for the c,e,a

Last edited:
D'addario T2s and Living Water strings. I just love Aquila but haven't fit them until the mix for a while.

Daily Players:

Martin M600 for Mainland soprano in D and Banjolele
Worth Browns for the Pono concert
Southcoast heavy gauge reentrant for the Baritone. (Though I have a wound low D on it right now for a specific project... I really need that second bari, I guess ;)

The rest have Aquilas - Dolphin, Ohana SK10, Harmony soprano

I have tried many - used to love Worth clears, have tried the browns as well. Best for me are the Black Kamaka set, all nylon - not the set with the wound C string. Love those black nylon strings.

Top Bottom