Jjake Shimabukuros case

And good luck finding one!

The former owner of Calton of Canada now owns Workhorse cases:
http://workhorsecases.com/news.html

I actually just swapped emails with them, and they can take their mandolin case and custom configure that for a uke. Same outside shell, totally different interior configuration.

Here's a shot of their mando case, configured for a mandolin:
Light_Grey_and_red.JPG

Looks like the fiberglass version would be about $650 USD plus shipping. From what I've heard from various luthiers, the quality is the same as the Caltons he was building.

Attachments

• Light_Grey_and_red.JPG
    Light_Grey_and_red.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
The former owner of Calton of Canada now owns Workhorse cases:
http://workhorsecases.com/news.html

I actually just swapped emails with them, and they can take their mandolin case and custom configure that for a uke. Same outside shell, totally different interior configuration.

Here's a shot of their mando case, configured for a mandolin:
View attachment 41580

Looks like the fiberglass version would be about $650 USD plus shipping. From what I've heard from various luthiers, the quality is the same as the Caltons he was building.

Wow! Those came down in price a lot.

Only problem with them is they've been inconsistent with delivery. Check out the AcousticGuitarForum...a lot of people have paid for cases up front and never got there cases. Most people say if you're going to get one, find one that is already at a shop, or order it through a store/dealer, not Calton themselves.

Wow! Those came down in price a lot.

Only problem with them is they've been inconsistent with delivery. Check out the AcousticGuitarForum...a lot of people have paid for cases up front and never got there cases. Most people say if you're going to get one, find one that is already at a shop, or order it through a store/dealer, not Calton themselves.

I hear you. I was one of those persons who ordered and never got their case. Fortunately I never paid up front, so I lost no money. I believe this is why Workhorse has their "You Only Pay on Shipping Day" policy. They're trying to rebuild trust.

I own 3 of his Calton branded cases and have owned two others in the past....a great product. I would think his fiberglass or carbon fiber Mando/Uke case would be wonderful.....but I would need a 4k uke to justify it! Maybe there's an Eric Devine uke in my future? Master grade Koa but with a slotted peghead! Would look good in that case, eh?
baritone-ukulele-muse.jpg

They are not as high end as Calton, but you can get a Kamoa fiberglass case for a lot less money. The upside is the lighter weight and lower cost, plus they have backpack straps and are made for ukes so they are a nice fit. The downside is that they have no storage compartment.

I have three (a custom light blue, a red and a yellow) and I love them.

Top Bottom