Uke Travels

SmilingPanda

Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread about where people have traveled with their ukes. I'm at Interlochen Center for the Arts for our high school marching band camp. I brought some ukes with me and plan on taking some pics of me and my ukes here at Interlochen.

I thought it might be cool to start a thread where people can post pics of their uke travels. Pics of you and your uke in some exotic (or not so exotic) location.

Maybe this is a dumb idea, but I thought it might be neat to see where people have taken their ukes and posed for pics.

Done have traveling photos, but my ukes had been with me to Japan, India, HK and US. I used to bring a kanile'a concert but sold it later. Then I brought kamaka ukes with me.

in a caravan with some friends for the week in Caister.

23mvt4w.jpg

the makala even came with me to Peterborough for a day trip

6ok77r.jpg

Awesome! Keep 'em coming! Even without pictures is cool. Has anyone taken their uke somewhere simply so they coul say that their uke was there? Like to the top of the empire state building or to the top of a mountain, etc.

Finally got away from marching band rehearsal long enough to sit by the lake and practice a bit. Can't see it in the picture, but Kresge Auditorium was directly to my right, where Sheryl Crow gave a concert last night.

Hopefully I can get a picture by the famous bear statue at some point this week.

This is my Pono MPTSH-C strung with a low-G. Couldn't manage my Kala and my Pono on my bike ride to the lake... though both are with me here at band camp.

attachment.php

P1010005.jpg

Over Virginia Beach.

Extreme Ukeing!!

Now THAT is a sport I could get into*

* But probably only as a spectator

I think Freeda is winning for the moment (if this was a contest, which it isn't ;))

I never thought to take pictures - my uke has been with me to Dallas, TX; Pasadena, CA; Grinnell, IA; Las Vegas, NV; and all over Oregon and Washington...I haven't been out of the country since taking up the uke, so I can't get more exotic than that, I'm afraid.

My ukuleles have traveled a bit...
I was living in Southern California at the time and most of my ukuleles were purchased in Hawaii, so they have made that trip. A couple of my ukuleles have been to more than one island. One of my ukuleles went to UWC in Indiana. (Hey bbycrts you forgot to mention that trip!) I have also taken an ukulele to Northern California and to Las Vegas. I have not taken an ukulele internationally - Yet! I would love to go to FIUL in France or one of the Japanese ukulele festivals.

Freeda just won the entire forum. :D

I take my uke with me on vacation, but no interesting pics that include the uke in them. :(

I thought it might be cool to start a thread where people can post pics of their uke travels. Pics of you and your uke in some exotic (or not so exotic) location.

Not exotic: here I am at Native Books in Honolulu before signing copies of "The 'Ukulele: A History" last month.na mea playing.jpg

I posted this once on another thread. I was in a very tiny house in Bahir Dahr, Ethiopia.
PICT0695.jpg

It isn't extreme uking. The only thing extreme was the heat!

Last edited:
Top Bottom