rick turner fans..

hawaii 50

Reaction score
there is a new rick turner video on you tube..i have not had a chance to watch the whole thing yet..but let me know what you think..

Wow that is some awesome instruments there...somehow I feel that parts of this video I have seen before, or am I having Deja vu....noticed it was made last week.. tell me I am not
going crazy...LOL or was there a video similiar to this one, because I see Rick with a new haircut...a dead giveaway I must be wrong...

Wow, that guitar with floating fingerboard, creative braceing, that tone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just got done watching Rick's video..I think the Uke world should be happy to have Rick here..with all his knowledge it is unreal that his loves building ukulele's for us! he can play pretty good too..

i like his dry wit "I was in a band in college>>Banana and the Bunch///old time music with A peel"..ha ha<<

Last edited:
What a GREAT video! There is a wealth of knowledge stored up in Rick's brain & this video provides an amazing view into his long love affair with stringed instruments. The Compass Rose ukulele's obviously have been birthed with a great sense of history & innovation as well.

Indeed, UU is richer because of Rick Turner's participation.

Wow that is some awesome instruments there...somehow I feel that parts of this video I have seen before, or am I having Deja vu....noticed it was made last week.. tell me I am not
going crazy...LOL or was there a video similiar to this one, because I see Rick with a new haircut...a dead giveaway I must be wrong...

He explains the origins of the wood in his personal uke in the 2011 NAMM interview with Aldrine.

And some of the stuff he talks about in the interview is on his website in his bio or article's that have been written about him.

Thanks, guys. Much appreciated.

Video courtesy of Carlos Seligo, husband of my office right hand, Eliza James.

We're stepping it all up a notch here; there will be a new website soon with tons of information and photos, we're doing more with Facebook both on the Rick Turner Guitars page and my own personal page, and we're looking at increasing production by about 25% next year.

The one distraction may be my getting my band from 1967 back together again for a very few gigs and maybe some recording. The band, "Autosalvage" is about to be profiled in a piece by rock historian Ed Ward for Terry Gross' fantastic NPR show, "Fresh Air". Ed has suggested that we perhaps might play at a major annual event in Austin next winter...and since he was a co-founder of the festival, it could happen. We did one album for RCA that has subsequently been re-released twice, and now come to find out, we're on iTunes and Last FM. Where's the money? As I'm fond of saying, there may be enough for a round of cappuccinos for the band...

Oh, did I mention that we now are making 14 fret tenor ukes in our old body style as well as 14 fret tenors and concerts in a miniature very rounded jumbo shape? There's an outrageous all sycamore mini jumbo tenor in the spray booth, and Gryphon now has about a dozen ukes on order.

Oh, did I mention that we now are making 14 fret tenor ukes in our old body style as well as 14 fret tenors and concerts in a miniature very rounded jumbo shape? There's an outrageous all sycamore mini jumbo tenor in the spray booth, and Gryphon now has about a dozen ukes on order.

Did you say CONCERT?! Been looking for one... but they go somewhat fast!

I played one of the mini-jumbo's at Gryphon and I went back two days later to mess around again because I was in the area . . . and it was gone. Can't wait to see the cutaway cherry body!

there is a new rick turner video on you tube..i have not had a chance to watch the whole thing yet..but let me know what you think..

That was a great video! Really informative and interesting video and well done, IMHO. For some reason I only recently found it.

Top Bottom