Nakanishi NC-85 Concert Uke For Sale

shandyweather

Reaction score
Had this Uke a year or two now. Hardly been used. Absolutely immaculate condition. No marks or dings anywhere. Perfect.

Plays beautifully and sounds incredible.

Is my only Concert Ukulele and I love it but I think it could go to a better home. Turns out I'm more of a Soprano kind of guy.

I'll post up some pictures later today.

Offers?

Aloha Shandyweather,
Do you have pictures and a price....since you are new here and for our protection...you need to follow the marketplace rules and write on a piece of paper your UU user name and date...my cousin had a tenor Nakanishi...it had a nice bright tone which I liked......how about a trade for a soprano....

Last edited:
Hi there,

I'm honestly not sure on the price. I know they're pretty hard to come by now. A friend of mine looked for ages and got me a Nakanishi Soprano from Japan and then this one came up too. It's beautiful but I don't think I'm giving it the attention it deserves and yeah, it turns out Sopranos are my thing.

But I'll get some pictures up in the next hour or so with my user name on them.

I might have a couple of others up for grabs too. I've unfortunately developed an incurable modular synthesizer purchasing disease so am having to make some room, space wise and financially.

The only Uke I'd really really love is a National Soprano. One of the grey ones ...

Anyhoo. Pictures in a bit.

Uh oh - "incurable modular synthesizer purchasing disease" sounds serious. You could call it SynthAS or SAS and have the sympathy of the many UAS (Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome) and GAS (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome) sufferers on this board.

Seriously, though, if you want offers you should probably come up with some kind of starting price. The pics look great but you might get more response if people know it's a $100 uke or a $1000 uke. How did you get the uke? What did you pay for it? How old is it? etc

Good luck with your sale!

Price ...

Hi there!

Yeah, I'm pleased my Ukulele collection stopped at 9. I couldn't cope with both acquisition syndromes at the same time. In fact, I'm fairly sure it's fatal.

I've had the Ukulele for just over a year. Purchased from a friend who got it from MusicGuyMic.

From the information I've erm, gleaned, the Nakanishi Uke's are highly regarded copies of the vintage Martins. A sort of precursor to the Uke's that Kiwaya are making. Made by Seiichi Nakanishi in Japan who passed away in 2006.

They're quite rare as far as I know. This is the only one that has turned up on eBay in the last 3 years (not that I necessarily trust my eBay saved search request thingy ...).

I think a lot of them were sold and stayed in Japan

I'm not sure how old it is. Only that the company closed when Seiichi Nakanishi died.

I'm a bit of a Ukulele idiot. I'm sure there's a bunch of people here that might have a bit more information on the Nakanishi company.

I was hoping for offers around $1000.

Regards,

Richard

Top Bottom