PDA

View Full Version : Maui Music Pre-Fire Solid koa concert, by Peter Lieberman

Ernie
08-14-2012, 01:32 PM
It is extremely rare that these come up for sale (and if you've played one, you'll know why). Pre-fire Maui Music solid koa concert, built by Peter Lieberman. I haven't played any of Peter's post-fire ukes to make a comparison, but I prefer the look of his older models, and I know I'm not alone in that regard. I have too much money into it, because I bought it at a premium price (I had been looking forever), and when I received it, it had two undisclosed hairline finish cracks in the back, which I had professionally glued by the best luthier I know (Toru Nittono). He also dressed & polished the frets, and it not only plays like butter, it is a tone monster! I've played far more expensive ukes that can't hold a candle to it. The price I'm asking represents a better than $200 loss for me, because unlike the guy who sold it to me- I'm an honest seller. I'm selling it because I need the money. Easily the loudest ukulele I own (including my Gibson tenor), and the tone is fantastic. I believe you could search your whole life, and not find a better sounding/batter playing concert uke than this. Please look over the pictures, and feel free to email with any questions. Thank you for looking!

Sound file to follow (if I can manage the technology)!

$750 shipped to lower 48

mm stan
08-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Aloha Ernie,
I am drooling and want this uke, but I don't have the funds.... and won't trade my tiki either...sorry.... I know this is a good uke, I played my friends one and it sounds great...
Yes the pre fire concert ones are hard to come by...darn dang nab it...

roxhum
08-14-2012, 05:31 PM
It is beautiful!!!! Lucky whoever gets this one.

Doc_J
08-24-2012, 05:51 PM
I can't believe this nice uke is still available.
Good luck on the sale Ernie.

808boy
08-24-2012, 06:07 PM
Aloha Ernie,
Yes the pre-fire ones are the BOMB, I have a 1987 Concert that is a keeper/heirloom for sure.
Played a late model Maui at Bounty Music, I believe it was a Mango Concert and mine sounded better, even the sales staff said so.
Good luck with your sale.
Members, THIS is a GREAT UKE.................................BO............ ............

Ernie
08-24-2012, 10:23 PM
Thanks guys. Yes, I'm a little surprised myself, but it did move to page two pretty quickly. I've been meaning to record a sound sample, but making the time (and finding a quiet space) is always harder than it should be!

Doc_J
08-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Thanks guys. Yes, I'm a little surprised myself, but it did move to page two pretty quickly. I've been meaning to record a sound sample, but making the time (and finding a quiet space) is always harder than it should be!

Ernie, I'd love to hear what this uke sounds like. BTW do you have Worth CMs on it?

Uke Mama
08-29-2012, 08:19 PM
I'd really like to hear it too. Very tempting! It's a beaut!

Teek
08-29-2012, 08:30 PM
I would also like to hear it, even though I currently also can't afford it. Are you just not playing concerts, or??

Ernie
08-30-2012, 08:59 AM
IT looks like I have a buyer, although I'll see about uploading a sound sample anyway, just to satisfy curiosity! Teek- I play mostly sopranos, although I'm attracted to all size ukes. I have a few concerts, & need to sell one that can bring in a reasonable amount of money.
Doc_J- yep- Worth mediums!