Maui Music Pre-Fire Solid koa concert, by Peter Lieberman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
It is extremely rare that these come up for sale (and if you've played one, you'll know why). Pre-fire Maui Music solid koa concert, built by Peter Lieberman. I haven't played any of Peter's post-fire ukes to make a comparison, but I prefer the look of his older models, and I know I'm not alone in that regard. I have too much money into it, because I bought it at a premium price (I had been looking forever), and when I received it, it had two undisclosed hairline finish cracks in the back, which I had professionally glued by the best luthier I know (Toru Nittono). He also dressed & polished the frets, and it not only plays like butter, it is a tone monster! I've played far more expensive ukes that can't hold a candle to it. The price I'm asking represents a better than $200 loss for me, because unlike the guy who sold it to me- I'm an honest seller. I'm selling it because I need the money. Easily the loudest ukulele I own (including my Gibson tenor), and the tone is fantastic. I believe you could search your whole life, and not find a better sounding/batter playing concert uke than this. Please look over the pictures, and feel free to email with any questions. Thank you for looking!

Sound file to follow (if I can manage the technology)!

$750 shipped to lower 48

BodySide.jpgButtnBack.jpgFullReverse.jpgHeadstockTuners.jpgTopHeel.jpg

Last edited:
Aloha Ernie,
I am drooling and want this uke, but I don't have the funds.... and won't trade my tiki either...sorry.... I know this is a good uke, I played my friends one and it sounds great...
Yes the pre fire concert ones are hard to come by...darn dang nab it...

It is beautiful!!!! Lucky whoever gets this one.

I can't believe this nice uke is still available.
Good luck on the sale Ernie.

Aloha Ernie,
Yes the pre-fire ones are the BOMB, I have a 1987 Concert that is a keeper/heirloom for sure.
Played a late model Maui at Bounty Music, I believe it was a Mango Concert and mine sounded better, even the sales staff said so.
Good luck with your sale.
Members, THIS is a GREAT UKE.................................BO........................

Thanks guys. Yes, I'm a little surprised myself, but it did move to page two pretty quickly. I've been meaning to record a sound sample, but making the time (and finding a quiet space) is always harder than it should be!

Thanks guys. Yes, I'm a little surprised myself, but it did move to page two pretty quickly. I've been meaning to record a sound sample, but making the time (and finding a quiet space) is always harder than it should be!

Ernie, I'd love to hear what this uke sounds like. BTW do you have Worth CMs on it?

I'd really like to hear it too. Very tempting! It's a beaut!

I would also like to hear it, even though I currently also can't afford it. Are you just not playing concerts, or??

IT looks like I have a buyer, although I'll see about uploading a sound sample anyway, just to satisfy curiosity! Teek- I play mostly sopranos, although I'm attracted to all size ukes. I have a few concerts, & need to sell one that can bring in a reasonable amount of money.
Doc_J- yep- Worth mediums!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom