27th Season of the Ukulele - The Latin Connection

Dougf

Reaction score
Welcome to season 27 of the ukulele, "The Latin Connection". Your song selections this week will be pretty much anything from, or derived from Latin America or the Iberian Peninsula. So Latin Jazz, Latin Rock, flamenco, fado, salsa, bossa, the list goes on.

Judging/scoring:
This will be a participant judged contest. You'll choose your top three in order of "like" (no voting for yourself).

Three points will be awarded if you receive a 1st place vote, two points for a 2nd place, and one point for 3rd.

Songs sung in Spanish or Portuguese give you four extra points, regardless of votes. Bonus tracks give you an additional point each, and if in Spanish or Portuguese, two points.

The names of the top three scorers will be placed in a hat, and I will draw the 2nd runner up, 1st runner up, and winner, in that order.

Rules:
The usual seasons rules apply: single take, no overdub or multi-track, ukulele must be front and center. You must state that the video is for the 27th season. Bonus tracks must also state for the 27th season in order to count for points.

Prizes:
1st place - signed copy of Craig Brandau's new book, "Jazz Chord Solos for the Ukulele"
2nd place - Ian Chadwick's collection of vintage ukulele sheet music on DVD
3rd place - "The Complete What Ukulele Players Really Want to Know" by Barry Maz

Post your videos to this thread.

Contest ends midnight August 26, Hawaiian time zone

Entries
Bonus tracks

Last edited:
Songs in a nutshell was started by Ian Emmerson who has done a reduced Shakspearian rendition of many songs

Queen song in a nutshell

Basically if you are male and are middle aged or over "songs in a nutshell" gives you the the
opportunity to act like a badly behaved schoolboy sniggering at the back of the bus.

If you are a lady especially a very elegant one perhaps you would not want to get involved.

I am going to preempt everybody and do

Ipanema in a nutshell

YES!!! If Menudo dice', clap your hands like this....:)

Please get out of my head!

I have no idea why, but that is the only Menudo song I have ever heard and it's stuck in my brain forever!

Everyone knows this sign, right?

View attachment 41768

It's a Roman soldier ordering 5 beers.

WHen you turn the hand around the other way, I think the hand gesture is called
"flipping the bird" but the origins of the two finger salute supposedly dates back to
the battle of Agincourt when the English archers to taunt the French raised two fingers...
the fingers that they used to draw their arrows on their bowstrings.

It's true I swear it.:eek:ld:

Rob,
How would you know? The romans never made it past hadrian's wall...

WHen you turn the hand around the other way, I think the hand gesture is called
"flipping the bird" but the origins of the two finger salute supposedly dates back to
the battle of Agincourt when the English archers to taunt the French raised two fingers...
the fingers that they used to draw their arrows on their bowstrings.

It's true I swear it.:eek:ld:

Top Bottom