21 Peewee - French week
22 23Skidoo - Traditional Country
23 Ukuleledaddy - Home Sweet Home
24 TCK - Guilty Pleasure
25 Tootler - Trains
26 GT3T11......Dreams
27 DougF.......The Latin Connection
28 Nongdam......The American Top 100
29 29Moons ..... Numbers..bonus ...Moon.
30 Wee_Ginga_Yin......Gardens
31 Uke4ia......Rain
32 RichM...... British Invasion
33 TheOnlyUkeThatMatters......Take me out to the ball game
34 Jpeg.......The I-V-vi-IV Progression
35 Eugene Ukulele ......"Coffee, Tea And Honey Makes Three"
36 Peewee........"Seasons of the Damned.... Halloween"
37 Austin1......"Uke Beatz"
38 Luana Gouvea......Saudade
39 SillyDave.....The Ukesterbrown challenge
40 Tootler....... It's only Rock and Roll
41 Matty Dee....Come on Baby, Light my fire.
42 We Tigers....We tigers love for Italy and For Crime.
43 Austin1......Mash-up Madness
44 Seeso......Holiday Music! Christmas, Hanukkah, etc...
45 Tootler.... Sing 'While Shepard's watched their flock to a different tune. '
46 Pabrizzer....011137
47 GT3T11....'Get to work'
48 Ukuleledaddy......Cover the Best Album Ever
49 Uke4ia.... 'Every Day Is a Winding Road.' Songs about days of the week.
50 Uncle Elvis......Obscure Songs Sung by Elvis
51 Ksiegal......Songs by Tom Paxton.
52 Chrimes......Now for Something Different Songs by Metallica

Year 2
Subs PeeWee, TCK, Tootler.

53 Oldphart....Second Chance to bring home the Bacon
54. TCK..........Birds
55. Pabrizzer...Location, Location, Location.
56 FIL............FiL's Favorite Texas Singer-Songwriters
57. DougF.......Songs about Songs
58 Electra Uke....Instrumental week.
59. GT3T11.......Where has the time gone (Songs about Time)
60. MattyDee.....They're playing our Song.
61 MikeF..........Songs from the Muppets, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock.
62. Strumsilly....Water.
63. Tootler........Now is the Month of Maying (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?80127-Season-63-of-the-Ukulele-quot-Now-is-the-Month-of-Maying-quot)
64. Dave Wave... Louisiana Hot Sauce (songs of Louisiana) (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?80395-Season-64-Louisiana-Hot-Sauce)
65. Decaturcomp......Road Songs. Dead Skunks and why don't we do it? (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?80685-Season-65-Dead-Skunks-and-Why-Don-t-We-Do-It-Road-Songs)
66 TheOnlyUkeThatMatters......Gabba Gabba Hey! The Music of the Ramones. (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?80982-Season-66-Gabba-Gabba-Hey!)
67.Eugene Ukulele....'So Damn Happy' songs from Louden Wainwright (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?81262-SEASON-67-OF-UKE-quot-So-Damn-Happy-quot)
68 Pabrizer......Food Glorious Food. (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?81520-Season-68-Food-Glorious-Food)
69 Joko......Songs to teach with. (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?81837-Season-69-Songs-to-Teach-With)
70 Krabbers Three Little Words. (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?82105-Season-70)
71. GinnyT11 Name Game Dance Party (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?82425-Season-71-NAME-GAME-Dance-Party!!)

72. 30th – 7th July......MyrnaUkulele

73. 7th- 14th July.....BBBanister

74. 14th – 21st July........Alemarco

75. 21st-28th July...... UkuLily Mars

Hello Ukuloonie here
Wow we made it through to a whole year of the seasons that amazing, that's all down to you guys, thanks so much for making this year a great one. Thanks to all who have participated.

I know it's a lot to go through, most of this stuff is what we have organically done already, this just helps the newcomers to the Seasons of the Ukulele understand what to expect. Remember this is A weekly Challenge.

Through the discussion thread, I learned that most of us want to keep the Seasons basically the same, with a few guidelines, and no rules. There are a couple adjustments that may make the Seasons smoother.

I will need help with a reserve list in case people have difficulty during their week or I am unable to contact the host for that week in anyway, please let me know if you also want your name down to be part of the Reserve list

Some Guidelines are as follows
--If you wish to host, choose a week when you think you'll be fairly free (not when you'll be away).
--Mark it on your personal calendar so you'll be preparing as you get to it.
--Sign up for only two weeks per year unless empty weeks stay empty, then take another.
--If things change and you can't host, please advise me ASAP so we can get a substitute.
--The only week with a theme in advance is the last full Challenge before Christmas. (The Holiday Songs week was like a holiday party, with many warm greetings and cheer.)

Hosts
--We're in "your house," and you can set things up your way, but there are some expectations.
--Hosts must have posted at least one video in a Seasons challenge. And more is much better---the more you participate, the more you'll know the other participants.
--Hosts please comment in the threads it just helps.

--Each Season begins late Saturday evening mainland U.S. time (the actual hour can vary). At that time the host posts the theme, the rules, and prizes for the week. The host should emphasize that no videos are to be posted until Sunday mainland U.S. time.
--Each Season ends eight days later at Sunday midnight Hawaii time (a quirky tradition we have kept). This means that the Seasons overlap on one day, with one Season closing and one Season opening each Sunday.
(Seasonistas who live outside mainland US/Canada time zones have the same length of time to participate, but their start and end times are calculated in their own time zones.)

--You choose the theme and set the parameters (do you allow bonus songs, multi-tracking, etc.?).
--Post your new theme late Saturday night in the U.S., but don't allow videos posted until Sunday.
--End the following Sunday night (it's usually Sunday midnight Hawaii time, but you choose).
--Please arrange your judging to announce winners before the following weekend, which already has two challenge weeks overlapping.
--Offer some sort of prize, but it need not cost much. Certificates are fine. Joke prizes are fine.
--I think as part of the fun of the week a Host should post a video in your own week, I know that others already do this.

Participants
As Participants. The more the merrier---encourage shy people to join us.
--Follow the host's specifications for that week. (Sometimes a host might forbid a certain song.)
--COMMENT ON OTHERS' VIDEOS, and not just your top favorites! Everyone likes encouragement, even those who do a lot of encouraging. -Your comment might help someone enormously. Lets share the Aloha Spirit for which this Weekly challenge wanted to build.
--(In the past, some people posted lists of the entries, with comments for each one. Now, we're moving more toward posting on YouTube, but ukers like to be noticed, and posting in the thread---without duplicating the video or lots of text---is welcome.)

On a personal note, I think that we have a good group here who participate each week. I was thinking if you don’t see somebody for a while on the Seasons, it might make somebody’s day if they were just contacted to see how they were doing, not to find out why that they are not participating, just to say hello, thinking of you and hope all is well.

So, onward we go for another year of Seasons of the Ukulele!
Ukuloonie, Volunteer Coordinator

P.S. Thankyou to all who have helped me this year with suggestions and advice.

GinnyT11
08-16-2012, 04:45 AM
Drew,

Thanks so much for doing this. You didn't overstep at all; you just rose from the casual nature of this to give it some shape as it's getting bigger.

May I make a couple suggestions?
1. Please include the themes as they are chosen.

2. Could you start the list at the first week (without dates and in smaller font)? Then Christian would be fully credited with the idea of the contest, and we won't repeat any themes.

I appreciate your time and effort.

chrimess
08-16-2012, 05:21 AM
Hi there, I do appreciate the credit but this revolution has long devoured its children.

Drew,

Thanks so much for doing this. You didn't overstep at all; you just rose from the casual nature of this to give it some shape as it's getting bigger.

2. Could you start the list at the first week (without dates)? Then Christian would be fully credited with the idea of the contest, and we won't repeat any themes.

uke4ia
08-16-2012, 05:40 AM
Barring calamity, I expect to do Week 31. And even then, most of the foreseeable calamaties are just things that might keep me from chiming in every day during that week as the videos come in.

seeso
08-16-2012, 06:07 AM
I gotta take week 44. It ends on my birthday. :D

ukuloonie
08-16-2012, 07:50 AM
Drew,

2. Could you start the list at the first week (without dates and in smaller font)? Then Christian would be fully credited with the idea of the contest, and we won't repeat any themes.

easy to do. should have it organized at end of day

ukuloonie
08-16-2012, 07:57 AM
Barring calamity, I expect to do Week 31. And even then, most of the foreseeable calamaties are just things that might keep me from chiming in every day during that week as the videos come in.

Cool thanks I'll update the list

ukuloonie
08-16-2012, 07:59 AM

Updated week 44 16th - 23rd December
Thanks Seeso should be great having you aboard thanks

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
08-16-2012, 08:01 AM

Cool. You'll be gettting a bunch of great uke videos for your birthday.

seeso
08-16-2012, 09:12 AM
Let me go ahead and declare my theme - Holiday Music! Christmas, Hanukkah, etc...

austin1
08-16-2012, 09:36 AM
do the prizes have to be uke-related? If not, I'd like to offer to take December 9-16th. I can offer German chocolate, and possibly other random things I find at the Weihnachtsmarkt

austin1
08-16-2012, 09:37 AM
don't know the theme yet though

ukuloonie
08-16-2012, 09:41 AM
do the prizes have to be uke-related? If not, I'd like to offer to take December 9-16th. I can offer German chocolate, and possibly other random things I find at the Weihnachtsmarkt
Nope your week you get to choose I gave English Candy and A Canadian mug
Gingerbread Herzen from the Weihnachtmarkt oooo I used to have those when I lived in Germany but I was a little younger then.

RichM
08-16-2012, 09:44 AM
I'm the new guy, but I'd still love to host week 32 if possible. Thanks!

ukuloonie
08-16-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm the new guy, but I'd still love to host week 32 if possible. Thanks!

Sure I can put your name down
Great thanks

ukuloonie
08-16-2012, 09:52 AM
don't know the theme yet though
Thats ok just closer to the time will do and it adds to the suspense of not knowing
I have put your name down Thanks again

uke4ia
08-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Let me go ahead and declare my theme - Holiday Music! Christmas, Hanukkah, etc...

Maybe that will give me the incentive to finally finish the Hanukkah song I got the idea for in 2010.

seeso
08-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Maybe that will give me the incentive to finally finish the Hanukkah song I got the idea for in 2010.

You've got plenty of time!

GinnyT11
08-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Drew, this is going to work out really well. No more asking for hosts. I'll host another week, maybe after Jan 1; let's see how the schedule fills out.

I recommend that hosts keep their themes a secret till the day before the contest. Then everyone will be starting from the same learning point on new songs.

I also suggest that prizes be very simple and low-cost, either something uke-related from around your house, or something specific to where you live. Providing prizes should not be an obstacle to hosting.

UncleElvis
08-16-2012, 10:19 AM

Then I'll take Week 50, as it ends on mine!

Fermin
08-16-2012, 10:20 AM

But I'm an atheist! Will I be able to sing songs about summer, the sun and the beach? (Yes, it will be summertime down here, hehehehe).

ukuloonie
08-16-2012, 10:24 AM
woo hoo Uncle Elvis
week 50 it is.
27th Jan 3rd Feb

seeso
08-16-2012, 10:56 AM
But I'm an atheist! Will I be able to sing songs about summer, the sun and the beach? (Yes, it will be summertime down here, hehehehe).

Hah! Maybe you can find an atheist holiday song.

UncleElvis
08-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Hah! Maybe you can find an atheist holiday song.

Or write one!

chrimess
08-16-2012, 12:21 PM
how about week 52 for me (unless already taken) since it ends on the birthday of the seasons...

Then I'll take Week 50, as it ends on mine!

ukuloonie
08-16-2012, 12:59 PM
how about week 52 for me (unless already taken) since it ends on the birthday of the seasons...

Your wish is my command oh great One.

ukuleledaddy
08-16-2012, 01:36 PM

I always thought it would be great if one (or even all three!) of the original judges hosted the 52nd week!

Tootler
08-16-2012, 11:00 PM

You beat me to it as it starts with mine :)

Zee
08-17-2012, 01:39 AM
I can do week 46? My birthday week :)

ukuloonie
08-17-2012, 05:52 AM
cool Zee thanks
welcome aboard to this competition

46 30th December – 6th January ......Zee

seeso
08-17-2012, 07:18 AM
You beat me to it as it starts with mine :)

I'm too fast for ya!

http://i.imgur.com/7xKXY.jpg

rook
08-18-2012, 09:39 AM
I would be interested in week 42 if it's available. Cheers! :cool:

ukuloonie
08-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Have added your name rook
thanks

austin1
08-20-2012, 01:41 AM
Question: I've figured out what my week is going to be--but it's going to concentrate on a technique, not a genre or a theme. Can I post my rules a week early to give everyone time to figure out the technique and work it into songs?

ukuloonie
08-20-2012, 06:23 AM
Hi Austin1
My personal feeling on this is that each week is a challenge, to try something absolutely new,
choosing new songs you've never heard of or even this week where you can learn a new song in a different language.
Maybe a different playing technique ( unless it's a Formby split strum ) is also part of the weekly challenge to test our selves and to rise to the challenge.
It's part of the fun.
Hope that helps if any body would like to define it further go ahead.

Dan Uke
08-20-2012, 06:50 AM
Also, if you start a week early, it takes away from the current challenge and that person would not be happy. Even though we all want to sound great, it's more about sharing with the uke community.

GinnyT11
08-20-2012, 07:05 AM
I agree about not going early. I think one of our guidelines (maybe put it on the sign-up page) should be about timing. If a Season contest goes from Sunday to the following Sunday night, the new contest should not open until late Saturday at the earliest. The new, coming contest should not impinge on the active one.

Having said that, I'm fine with the one-time early announcement of holiday songs as the theme before Christmas.

austin1
08-20-2012, 07:50 AM
okay, sounds good. Will do!

austin1
08-23-2012, 01:26 PM
to take a second week or to not take a second week? That is the question.

wee_ginga_yin
08-28-2012, 01:56 AM
Put me down for 9th -16th September since that is a gap that needs to be filled.

ukuloonie
08-28-2012, 05:00 AM
Thanks very much for filling up the gap
look forward to your Seasons of the Ukulele
Ukuloonie

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
08-28-2012, 08:18 AM
I've got a theme (and a prize) for the 33rd Season (30th September - 7th October).

Will you please sign me up, Drew?

GinnyT11
08-28-2012, 09:53 AM
to take a second week or to not take a second week? That is the question.

Tina, I suggest you wait until you've hosted a week before deciding. I had a lot of fun doing it, but it takes more time than you think to be very attentive. If you want to do a second week, you'll probably want to do it much later on.
Ginny

PS--I wish you'd posted a dream song during my week.

J-Peg
08-28-2012, 10:15 AM
I'll take week 34.
I've had a theme in mind for a while now, I just need to commit to hosting.

ukuloonie
08-28-2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks for putting your names for the upcoming weeks Wee-Ginga-Yin, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, J-Peg.
Wow Great guys
We now have 6 consecutive weeks ahead of us for seasons of the Ukulele
and we have some around Christmas too.
Thats amazing.

uke4ia
08-28-2012, 12:46 PM
I'll probably be willing to do a second week in January.

austin1
08-28-2012, 12:47 PM
Tina, I suggest you wait until you've hosted a week before deciding. I had a lot of fun doing it, but it takes more time than you think to be very attentive. If you want to do a second week, you'll probably want to do it much later on.
Ginny

PS--I wish you'd posted a dream song during my week.

Good point, I think I'll do that. Maybe I'll host an earlier week with whatever random prizes I can find in Ireland.

P.S.--I wanted to! But grad school was completely kicking my butt that week :(

ukuloonie
08-28-2012, 01:36 PM
I'll probably be willing to do a second week in January.

Thanks Uke4ia
do you want me to put your name down or wait until it's closer to the time?

ukuloonie
08-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Good point, I think I'll do that. Maybe I'll host an earlier week with whatever random prizes I can find in Ireland.

P.S.--I wanted to! But grad school was completely kicking my butt that week :(

Ooooooo prizes from Ireland, Land o' me ancestors that would be cool
Thanks Austin1

uke4ia
08-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Thanks Uke4ia
do you want me to put your name down or wait until it's closer to the time?

You can put me down for week 49 or 51 if you want. I don't know that I'll be ready to confirm 100% until after I've done week 31 and know what to expect.

ukuloonie
08-28-2012, 06:31 PM
I'll put you down for week 49 to be determined see what happens,
Thats so far ahead and plans can change
Thanks Uke4ia

mattydee
08-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Can I make a request that weekly hosts put links to that week's playlist in the first post? It's tough to sift through page after page looking for the playlist link...

Go, you Seasonistas!

ukuloonie
08-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Thats a good Idea
Thanks Mattydee

austin1
08-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Okay decision made: I would like to host week 36, and then if that's good, I'll host again in December. Week 36 is the first week of the semester, so I should be good time-wise. The prizes will probably be little and stupid, but hopefully that's okay. I'll try and find little things to bring back from Ireland.

ukuloonie
08-29-2012, 05:55 AM
Woohoo Thanks austin1 Thats great look forward to your Seasons week

I just looked at the weeks left and if I am not mistaken we only have 9 spots left to fill for the magic 52 weeks

Quite a few people have signed up to fill up the coming weeks

Thats great

GinnyT11
08-29-2012, 05:58 AM
I'll take January 6-13 for $400, please.

ukuloonie
08-29-2012, 06:04 AM
Thanks Ginny I put your name down for that week spots are filling up nicely thanks for all have contributed and will contribute
Drew.

ukuleledaddy
08-29-2012, 06:31 AM
I'll go for Season 48, 13th - 20th January. I should be able to think up a theme by then! Thanks Drew for keeping this crazy thing all organized.

ukuloonie
08-29-2012, 06:40 AM
I'll go for Season 48, 13th - 20th January. I should be able to think up a theme by then! Thanks Drew for keeping this crazy thing all organized.

Wow spots are filling up

48 13th - 20th January......Ukuleledaddy

Thanks for offering to host a week
Drew.

ukuloonie
08-29-2012, 06:45 AM
It seems as though that November is free and 1 week in December.

Tootler
08-29-2012, 09:09 AM
Okay decision made: I would like to host week 36, and then if that's good, I'll host again in December. Week 36 is the first week of the semester, so I should be good time-wise. The prizes will probably be little and stupid, but hopefully that's okay. I'll try and find little things to bring back from Ireland.

Small prizes are fine. Mostly the prizes are a token as it's the taking part that's important.

Ukuloonie,

Put me down for week 40 (18 - 25 November). I have a couple of ideas for themes, depending on what is done in the meantime.

ukuloonie
08-29-2012, 09:14 AM
I put you in for
40 18th - 25th November......Tootler
Thanks again

mattydee
08-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Hey Drew, I need to change my week -- 35 is going to be really tough for me. 41 would be a lot better, and I can confirm it now.

ukuloonie
08-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Hey Drew, I need to change my week -- 35 is going to be really tough for me. 41 would be a lot better, and I can confirm it now.

I have tweaked it to show the new week
Week 41 for Mattydee.

austin1
08-31-2012, 06:16 AM
Slight change of plans! I'm currently signed up for week 36, but I'd like to take 37 instead so peewee can take 36. Hooray!

peewee
08-31-2012, 06:17 AM
Drew, thanks for the scheduling. I negotiated with Austin1 to bump her from 36 to 37, and for me to take over 36. (Thanks Tina!)
So revised sched would be:
week 36 Oct 21-28: peewee
week 37 Oct 28-Nov 4: Austin1

austin1
08-31-2012, 06:19 AM
It was a fierce negotiation. Peewee, I expect that pony at my door within the next two weeks. The seven thousand dollars you can wire at your convenience, as long as your convenience occurs before the end of the month. Thank you.

ukuloonie
08-31-2012, 07:00 AM
Everything has been updated
woohoo Peewee will challenge again

Thanks again
Ukuloonie

peewee
08-31-2012, 08:16 AM
Tina drives a hard bargain.

thesillydave
08-31-2012, 06:52 PM
sign me and my mystery ukulele judge up for week 39..and i am am to tell everyone, that the theme, when announced, was my idea, and not his...
but it will be a fun challenge!

ukuloonie
08-31-2012, 07:39 PM
Ooo Silly Dave I look forward to this mystery guest and may I say another awesome challenge.
{Awesome is my favourite word at the moment.}
I shall put your name down right away.

Hippie Dribble
08-31-2012, 07:57 PM
hey brother Drew, put me down for week 35 mate...got a doozy for y'all :)

ukuloonie
08-31-2012, 07:59 PM
I am sorry about this post I wasn't very clear
It should have said

There is one spot left in October
There is one spot left in November
There is one spot left in December
There is one spot left in Febuary

Thats great
Thanks guys

ukuloonie
08-31-2012, 08:24 PM
hey brother Drew, put me down for week 35 mate...got a doozy for y'all :)

Cool Thanks I will organize that right away

Tootler
09-03-2012, 02:35 AM
It looks like
if I have done the calendar correctly
That there are only four spots left to fill for the rest of this competition!
so if anybody wants to sign up feel free.

1 October
1 November
1 December
1 Febuary

Thats great
Thanks guys

We don't usually do all that much at Christmas so you can put me down for 23 - 30 Dacember. Make it provisional, though just in case plans change as sometmes my sister comes to stay.

I have an idea for a theme which is suitably seasonal but shouldn't overlap with Seeso - I don't fancy being attacked by killer cats :(

Luana Gouvea
09-03-2012, 04:04 AM
Hey guys!
We (me and fernandogardinali) would like to host a season, and wow, I haven't checked this thread before!! It's really busy here!!

So, can we take the October 1th season?? (I have no ideia of witch season it is... I suppose it's the 34th???)

Thanks!! Hope we can fit somewhere in there!!

It looks like
if I have done the calendar correctly
That there are only four spots left to fill for the rest of this competition!
so if anybody wants to sign up feel free.

1 October
1 November
1 December
1 Febuary

Thats great
Thanks guys

J-Peg
09-03-2012, 05:25 AM
Hey guys!
We (me and fernandogardinali) would like to host a season, and wow, I haven't checked this thread before!! It's really busy here!!

So, can we take the October 1th season?? (I have no ideia of witch season it is... I suppose it's the 34th???)

Thanks!! Hope we can fit somewhere in there!!

I've already got the 34th. And eugene beat you to the 35th. The next one available is the 38th, which is November 4-11.

Luana Gouvea
09-03-2012, 07:55 AM
Sorry J-Peg!
It was just a misunderstood!!
I've already talked to Drew and we're probably getting the 38th season! =)

TCK
09-03-2012, 09:38 AM
So cool to see them filling up like this. We might make it to Season 104 (fingers crossed)

J-Peg
09-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Sorry J-Peg!
It was just a misunderstood!!
I've already talked to Drew and we're probably getting the 38th season! =)

No apologies needed. I'm just happy you're hosting a week. I'm looking forward to seeing what challenge you put in front of us. :)

ksiegel
09-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Okay, so what is left?

I'll have to come up with prizes, but I've got an idea for one of the seasons - especially if I can convince a couple of members here to be fellow travelers and help with the judging.

Unless it is around US Thanksgiving - I hope to be in the San Jose area at that time, and actually making some music with a few Fellow Travelers.

-Kurt

ukuloonie
09-03-2012, 01:07 PM
There is one week technically left

week 51

and that is kind of amazing.

I didn't think that all he spots would be filled up so quick and so far in advance.

So maybe after A year of Seasons we will have to revisit what needs to happen next

but that's way in the distance.

Fermin
09-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Oh, are we stopping after week 52? I know it's still months from now, but I'm all for going on indefinitely!

ukuloonie
09-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Oh, are we stopping after week 52? I know it's still months from now, but I'm all for going on indefinitely!

I was just throwing the idea out there and seeing what happens next so we can all come to an agreement.

ukuloonie
09-03-2012, 01:49 PM
:smileybounce:WooHoo:smileybounce:

We now have One Hundred Percent of the spots filled thanks to Ksiegal who has just taken the last spot of the Year of the Seasons of the Ukulele.

Thanks everybody.
if you cannot for any reason
due to any reason because stuff comes up Host your week
let us all know as soon as you can then we can have somebody pitch in
and take over from your week.

Thanks again
Ukuloonie

vanflynn
09-03-2012, 02:03 PM
From a "Seasons" lurker (no webcam and questionable talent) I want to say thanks to all hosting and participating. The seasons have opened up a lot of different songs, styles, types, etc to me that I may not have otherwise known.

I am looking forward to lurk for the rest of the season and who knows, I might even get rid of my POS computer and join you.

Mahalo all

ukuloonie
09-03-2012, 03:02 PM
From a "Seasons" lurker (no webcam and questionable talent) I want to say thanks to all hosting and participating. The seasons have opened up a lot of different songs, styles, types, etc to me that I may not have otherwise known.

I am looking forward to lurk for the rest of the season and who knows, I might even get rid of my POS computer and join you.

Mahalo all

We look forward to seeing you if you do everyone is welcome.

Pueo
09-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Wow, I have been caught up in work and just popped back in to see how the Seasons were doing. I also wanted to offer to host a week, and now they are all booked up!

Please put me down for Season 55, as five is my favorite number. Or you would pick year two, week 5, whatever.
I have a BUNCH of ideas for seasons. I hope it goes on forever!

TCK
09-04-2012, 05:52 PM
And we can't wait :)
Okay, so what is left?

I'll have to come up with prizes, but I've got an idea for one of the seasons - especially if I can convince a couple of members here to be fellow travelers and help with the judging.

Unless it is around US Thanksgiving - I hope to be in the San Jose area at that time, and actually making some music with a few Fellow Travelers.

-Kurt

GinnyT11
09-19-2012, 09:42 AM
Bumping this up so we can easily see who's hosting next.

ukuloonie
09-19-2012, 09:50 AM
32 23rd-30th September......RichM

GinnyT11
10-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Bumping it to the top---the list had fallen off the first page.

ukuloonie
10-24-2012, 10:56 AM
These are the next people who will be hosting in the coming weeks

37 28th October – 4th November......Austin1

38 4th November - 11th November.....Luana Gouvea

39 11th -18th November......SillyDave

I look forward to seeing what Ideas we have for seasons in the future

we tigers
10-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Really looking forward to all coming seasons! My wife and I want to host one as well, once we get into the second year. These seasons are rapidly taking over our lives. Love it to bits!

ukuloonie
10-25-2012, 04:31 AM
These are the dates for the Future Seasons of the Ukulele and those that are hosting them
sometimes the thread gets buried so I bumped it.

Around the middle of Jan
I am thinking I should start another thread asking for names

We have two on the Sub list Luluwrites and We Tigers
and there are the three others that I need to honour
who wanted spots in the first weeks of the season.

Thanks for all those who have hosted the Seasons
as it has really broadened and enriched my Music Knowledge

37 28th October – 4th November......Austin1

38 4th November - 11th November.....Luana Gouvea

39 11th -18th November......SillyDave

41 25th November - 2nd December......Matty Dee

42 2nd December - 9th December......rook

43 9th - 16th December....Austin1

44 16th -23rd December...... Seeso......Holiday Music! Christmas, Hanukkah, etc...

45 23rd - 30th December......Tootler....To be confirmed

46 30th December – 6th January ......Zee

47 6th - 13th January......GT3T11

48 13th - 20th January......Ukuleledaddy

49 20th - 27th January.....Uke4ia....To be confirmed

50 27th January - 3rd February ....Uncle Elvis

51 3rd - 10th February......Ksiegal

52 10th - 17th February The last week belongs to Chrimes

Joko
10-25-2012, 01:48 PM
So, is this where we sign up for year two of Seasons of the Ukulele?

Are you looking for someone for week 53? Week 59? Week 69?

Hey ho! Volunteering here! Sign me up! Would love to host some time in 2013, provided that the world hasn't ended.

Tootler
10-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Is it worth asking the Mods to make this thread a sticky. Then you have no need to bump it up, though it can still be added to as needed?

ukuloonie
10-25-2012, 04:05 PM
So, is this where we sign up for year two of Seasons of the Ukulele?

Are you looking for someone for week 53? Week 59? Week 69?

Hey ho! Volunteering here! Sign me up! Would love to host some time in 2013, provided that the world hasn't ended.

I would love to sign you up for future seasons
I was thinking that I should be taking names down for season 2 mid January 2013
after Christmas Crazy time.
unfortunately someone has dibs on week 53 already.

Hippie Dribble
10-25-2012, 04:52 PM
hey gang, in view of a number of requests, this one is now a sticky for the time being at least. The seasons contest doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon. Hooray!!!! This way it's easy for new seasonistas - and old - to make known their desire to host a future week and all info is at our fingertips, easily accessible.

As many of you are already aware, "ukuloonie" (Drew) has been doing a lot of administrative stuff re the ongoing running of this weekly contest, especially in collating playlists and matching the hosts with their respective future season time, as we see in this thread. Very happy for him to continue this great work, and Drew has also expressed a desire to keep doing so.

In this thread you will see the updated list of future hosts. Please contact Drew or post here if you would like to volunteer to host in the future. At this time, Drew has determined not to begin collecting any more names until early January, in order to maintain focus on this first year of competition and give as many people as possible a chance to volunteer for the second.

Our one year anniversary will be next February, and will be hosted by the legendary creator of the seasons concept, chrimess. :cool:

Cheers all!

Joko
10-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Ewww... this thread is all sticky now.

Tootler
10-26-2012, 07:51 AM
hey gang, in view of a number of requests, this one is now a sticky for the time being at least. The seasons contest doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon. Hooray!!!! This way it's easy for new seasonistas - and old - to make known their desire to host a future week and all info is at our fingertips, easily accessible.

As many of you are already aware, "ukuloonie" (Drew) has been doing a lot of administrative stuff re the ongoing running of this weekly contest, especially in collating playlists and matching the hosts with their respective future season time, as we see in this thread. Very happy for him to continue this great work, and Drew has also expressed a desire to keep doing so...

Cheers all!

Thanks for doing this, Jon.

ukuleledaveey
11-09-2012, 05:51 AM
thanks Jon and massive round of applause and thank you to Drew (ukuloonie)

CountryMouse
12-12-2012, 08:30 AM

Cat'r and B. and I are thinking of doing a Christmas song just for fun. Can I enter this in your week?

Thanks!

CountryMouse

ukuloonie
12-30-2012, 12:55 PM
Thanks to We tigers and Pabrizzer for saving our bacon and helping me keep the Seasons of the Ukulele going nonstop.
Just to let you know

wee_ginga_yin
01-05-2013, 07:48 AM
I just had to thank everyone who has hosted one of the ukulele seasons.
It has been a challenge to learn a new song every week, and to discover
new uke songs from other players.

I have come in for my fair share of prizes. I seem to have hit a winning
streak in the raffles. I have put together a short video with some of the prizes,
with the unboxing of a plastic uke I received from Ralf, as an encouragement
for others to enter the seasons.

Thanks once again for the challenge of the seasons. The hosts do a marvelous
job, and have to be congratulated, for their ingenuity in picking themes and for
keeping the ball rolling.

All the best

Rob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMakZrLFFbE

ukuleledaveey
01-05-2013, 11:39 AM
lovely video Rob and you have been a deserved winner as your entries are fab, i have only been lucky enough to have my name pulled out the hat once and i donated my prize to movember. That uke looks and sounds fab,snarks a re great i have one and it has been through some rough treatment lol but it has had many repairs and still working, they are a pretty accurate tuner in my uneducated opinion lol.

pabrizzer
01-25-2013, 11:44 PM
OK I'm up for week 55 if it is available and will wait to see if a second week is available later in the year.
I am willing to be 'bumped' if somebody who has not hosted a season wants this week.

barefootgypsy
01-26-2013, 01:39 AM
And I'm up for week 75... sorry I really can't commit a particular week til then!

ukuloonie
01-26-2013, 07:13 AM
Thankyou very much for wanting to host a week of the Seasons
it's great to get the ball rolling again.
Thankyou

Wongo
01-26-2013, 08:48 AM
Can I be difficult and ask for week 78 starting 11th-18th august please as it's in the middle of our six week holiday so my work load will be non existent. Giving my undivided attention to the week.

ukuloonie
01-26-2013, 11:08 AM
I see what I can do.

FiL
01-26-2013, 01:23 PM
I'll take week 56 (10th-17th March).

- FiL

ukuloonie
01-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Thankyou FIL
I have put you down for the 56....10th - 17th march

Dougf
01-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Drew, please sign me up for the first available slot, thanks.

ukuloonie
01-26-2013, 04:57 PM
Woohoo Thanks to DougF and Ginny for signing up.

mikef
01-26-2013, 11:44 PM
I'd love to host one... put me down for 61 - 14th-21st April if it's still free? :)

strumsilly
01-27-2013, 03:40 AM
I'll take 62. I skipped 60 as it's my bd week and I may be out of town.

mattydee
01-27-2013, 07:03 AM
I'll take 60.

ukuloonie
01-27-2013, 07:34 AM
Thanks Guys I have signed all up on the first page
Thanks for volunteering again.
Drew.

alemarco
01-27-2013, 08:11 AM
June 16 to 23 (Season 70) please!

Thanks for organizing this!

Tootler
01-27-2013, 09:09 AM
Put me down for week 63

ukuloonie
01-27-2013, 11:40 AM
Thanks guys these spots are filling up pretty quick
Thanks again

~dave~~wave~
01-29-2013, 05:58 AM
I'd be delighted to host Week 64.

myrnaukelele
01-31-2013, 04:44 PM
ukuloonie- wow the weeks are going fast! Sign me up to host week 74. Thanks! myrna

ukuloonie
01-31-2013, 04:53 PM
okey dokey Thanks MyrnaUkulele

ukuLily Mars
02-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Hi ukuloonie! May I sign up for a Season toward the end of October? First half of November would be fine, too.

Thanks!
Lily

ukuloonie
02-15-2013, 03:15 PM
I'll see what I can do.;)

The Ukelites
02-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Thanks so much for your work, Drew! We would like to host week 68, 2nd to 9th June, if possible :)

ukuloonie
02-16-2013, 05:17 AM
Yup we can do that
Signed up and ready to go.
Thanks guys.

Liamfsus7
02-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Ill take 71. Im sure Ill be ready to host by then :)

ukuloonie
02-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Ok I'll put you down for that date.

ukuloonie
02-20-2013, 01:10 PM
I still have need for other Sub volunteers in case somebody needs to pull out of a week!!
Thanks for help

peewee
02-20-2013, 05:54 PM
I still have need for other Sub volunteers in case somebody needs to pull out of a week!!
Thanks for help

Hi I can go on the reserve list. My schedule is pretty unpredictable, but I'm worth a try if somebody has to bail.
thanks
I'll PM you my email

ukuloonie
02-20-2013, 06:52 PM
Thanks for your responses guys I now have enough people that I can call on for help when I need it.

Ukuloonie.

TCK
02-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Drew- I watch the seasons every day...I can pretty easily be on the reserve list. Just let me know, and thank you for negotiating all this mate. I know you have enough volunteers, but we are always game in Cloverdale- Dave

ukuloonie
02-20-2013, 07:37 PM
Thanks Dave.
'preciate it

krabbers
03-09-2013, 07:34 AM
if there are any drop outs i would like to step in,

ukuloonie
03-09-2013, 07:43 AM
Thanks Krabbers.
There are still a couple of spots later in this Season if you want them.
no pressure because we will be releasing the dates for the later end of the year mid summer.

bbbannister
03-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Happy to offer to do week 73 folks.

Bob

Tootler
03-09-2013, 11:28 PM
You can put me on the reserve list, Drew. I'll be happy to step in should it prove necessary.

GaryC1968
03-14-2013, 07:30 AM
If there are any openings, I would be interested in hosting a season. I just thought of a theme I think would be fun.

ukuloonie
03-14-2013, 08:07 AM
Hello Gary,
We have two weeks that are open for this half of the season
there will be others later on in the year, I just like to keep it
simple and just release chunks of dates instead of the whole enchilada.

67. 26th-2nd June
72. 30th – 7th July

alemarco
03-16-2013, 01:02 PM
Ukuloonie,

I PMed you a while ago that I couldn't make my week (70. June 16-23) and we switched me to #72 (30 June - 7 July). Maybe Gary could take #70 if that works?

Thanks!

GaryC1968
03-16-2013, 01:17 PM
I'm good with taking week 70.

ukuloonie
03-16-2013, 08:01 PM
Phew fixed it just in time.
Updated and sent p.ms to show changes.

Hippie Dribble
03-23-2013, 02:54 PM
hey Drew, please put me back in for hosting week #67. cheers and thanks mate

ukuloonie
03-23-2013, 03:01 PM
K Jon I'll put ya back on again Thanks

thunderflea
04-08-2013, 09:12 AM
I would like to host a season if you'll allow me. Whenever is good.

GinnyT11
04-08-2013, 09:17 AM
I would like to host a season if you'll allow me. Whenever is good.

Hi thunderflea. It would be great to have you host, which any Seasonista can do. You're a Seasonista if you've posted at least one video in the Seasons challenges, and more videos posted is much better as you get to know the other people better.

ukuloonie
04-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Hello Thunderflea,
At the moment all spots are taken up till end of July.
I will be releasing more dates later closer to July
I like to release dates in chunks it works better and Newer prospective hosts have a greater chance to Host a Season.
Ukuloonie Seasons Coordinator.

Pueo
04-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Hello Ukuloonie!
I would love to throw my hat into the ring to host a season. That first week of August (#76) would be ideal for me, as I already have an idea for a theme that fits that week perfectly!

barefootgypsy
04-09-2013, 12:36 AM
Hello Thunderflea,
At the moment all spots are taken up till end of July.
I will be releasing more dates later closer to July
I like to release dates in chunks it works better and Newer prospective hosts have a greater chance to Host a Season.
Ukuloonie Seasons Coordinator.Hi Drew, I now have a problem with hosting week 75 as now it turns out that I'm going to be away most of that week. I just won't be able to be a good host..... if someone will take it on, that would be great - and I'll do one later. So sorry...

ukuloonie
04-09-2013, 04:05 AM
Thanks for letting me Know that is no problem at all.

Ukuloonie Seasons coordinator.

decaturcomp
04-13-2013, 06:24 AM
May I be a standby, loons?

ukuloonie
04-13-2013, 06:38 AM
Sure Thing I will put you down on the list.

austin1
05-23-2013, 11:19 PM
Can I host a week? End of July beginning of August? After that I'll be writing my thesis, so while hosting a week would be possible, I might regret it.

Barbablanca
05-24-2013, 12:08 AM
I'm interested in hosting a week. First or Second week in September would be ideal for me.

ukuloonie
05-24-2013, 08:28 AM
We will be releasing the next set of Dates very soon
for Hosting the next bunch of Seasons.
Stay tuned

TCK
05-31-2013, 06:39 PM
Waiting for the drop on the edge of my chair....I have a theme at the ready :)

UkeyDave
06-26-2013, 06:25 AM
Well I would like to be considered for hosting my first season at some point. I have my theme at the ready.

we tigers
06-26-2013, 06:48 AM
Count us in for another season as well. Somewhere after August.

ukeeku
06-26-2013, 08:12 AM
IF someone needs a theme. I have a uke I am willing to send anywhere in the world.
the theme would be disappointment or being let down.

lakesideglenn
06-26-2013, 02:41 PM
I'd like to try hosting a week. Gotta couple of ideas for a theme and prizes. Would have to be in the fall though.

ukuloonie
06-26-2013, 04:12 PM
We will be releasing New dates For the Seasons in the next few days .

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
06-28-2013, 02:48 PM
Hi all! Seasons that are available to host are in this new thread (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?82618-Sign-up-for-future-Seasons-II).

Yep, I'm relieving ukuloonie of Seasons volunteer organizational responsibilities. He's done so much to keep the Seasons train moving, be sure to give him a huge thanks. I'll start:
TTTTTHHHHHAAAAAANNNNNNNKKKKKKKKSSSSSSS, ukuloonie!!!!!!!!!!! (See? That "thanks" is huge.)

ukuloonie
06-28-2013, 04:40 PM
Thanks Ralf.
I should start thinking of a week that I could host.
Mmmm