21 Peewee - French week
22 23Skidoo - Traditional Country
23 Ukuleledaddy - Home Sweet Home
24 TCK - Guilty Pleasure
25 Tootler - Trains
26 GT3T11......Dreams
27 DougF.......The Latin Connection
28 Nongdam......The American Top 100
29 29Moons ..... Numbers..bonus ...Moon.
30 Wee_Ginga_Yin......Gardens
31 Uke4ia......Rain
32 RichM...... British Invasion
33 TheOnlyUkeThatMatters......Take me out to the ball game
34 Jpeg.......The I-V-vi-IV Progression
35 Eugene Ukulele ......"Coffee, Tea And Honey Makes Three"
36 Peewee........"Seasons of the Damned.... Halloween"
37 Austin1......"Uke Beatz"
38 Luana Gouvea......Saudade
39 SillyDave.....The Ukesterbrown challenge
40 Tootler....... It's only Rock and Roll
41 Matty Dee....Come on Baby, Light my fire.
42 We Tigers....We tigers love for Italy and For Crime.
43 Austin1......Mash-up Madness
44 Seeso......Holiday Music! Christmas, Hanukkah, etc...
45 Tootler.... Sing 'While Shepard's watched their flock to a different tune. '
46 Pabrizzer....011137
47 GT3T11....'Get to work'
48 Ukuleledaddy......Cover the Best Album Ever
49 Uke4ia.... 'Every Day Is a Winding Road.' Songs about days of the week.
50 Uncle Elvis......Obscure Songs Sung by Elvis
51 Ksiegal......Songs by Tom Paxton.
52 Chrimes......Now for Something Different Songs by Metallica

Year 2
Subs PeeWee, TCK, Tootler.

53 Oldphart....Second Chance to bring home the Bacon
54. TCK..........Birds
55. Pabrizzer...Location, Location, Location.
56 FIL............FiL's Favorite Texas Singer-Songwriters
57. DougF.......Songs about Songs
58 Electra Uke....Instrumental week.
59. GT3T11.......Where has the time gone (Songs about Time)
60. MattyDee.....They're playing our Song.
61 MikeF..........Songs from the Muppets, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock.
62. Strumsilly....Water.
63. Tootler........Now is the Month of Maying
64. Dave Wave... Louisiana Hot Sauce (songs of Louisiana)
65. Decaturcomp......Road Songs. Dead Skunks and why don't we do it?
66 TheOnlyUkeThatMatters......Gabba Gabba Hey! The Music of the Ramones.
67.Eugene Ukulele....'So Damn Happy' songs from Louden Wainwright
68 Pabrizer......Food Glorious Food.
69 Joko......Songs to teach with.
70 Krabbers Three Little Words.
71. GinnyT11 Name Game Dance Party

72. 30th – 7th July......MyrnaUkulele

73. 7th- 14th July.....BBBanister

74. 14th – 21st July........Alemarco

75. 21st-28th July...... UkuLily Mars

Hello Ukuloonie here
Wow we made it through to a whole year of the seasons that amazing, that's all down to you guys, thanks so much for making this year a great one. Thanks to all who have participated.

I know it's a lot to go through, most of this stuff is what we have organically done already, this just helps the newcomers to the Seasons of the Ukulele understand what to expect. Remember this is A weekly Challenge.

Through the discussion thread, I learned that most of us want to keep the Seasons basically the same, with a few guidelines, and no rules. There are a couple adjustments that may make the Seasons smoother.

I will need help with a reserve list in case people have difficulty during their week or I am unable to contact the host for that week in anyway, please let me know if you also want your name down to be part of the Reserve list

Some Guidelines are as follows
--If you wish to host, choose a week when you think you'll be fairly free (not when you'll be away).
--Mark it on your personal calendar so you'll be preparing as you get to it.
--Sign up for only two weeks per year unless empty weeks stay empty, then take another.
--If things change and you can't host, please advise me ASAP so we can get a substitute.
--The only week with a theme in advance is the last full Challenge before Christmas. (The Holiday Songs week was like a holiday party, with many warm greetings and cheer.)

Hosts
--We're in "your house," and you can set things up your way, but there are some expectations.
--Hosts must have posted at least one video in a Seasons challenge. And more is much better---the more you participate, the more you'll know the other participants.
--Hosts please comment in the threads it just helps.

--Each Season begins late Saturday evening mainland U.S. time (the actual hour can vary). At that time the host posts the theme, the rules, and prizes for the week. The host should emphasize that no videos are to be posted until Sunday mainland U.S. time.
--Each Season ends eight days later at Sunday midnight Hawaii time (a quirky tradition we have kept). This means that the Seasons overlap on one day, with one Season closing and one Season opening each Sunday.
(Seasonistas who live outside mainland US/Canada time zones have the same length of time to participate, but their start and end times are calculated in their own time zones.)

--You choose the theme and set the parameters (do you allow bonus songs, multi-tracking, etc.?).
--Post your new theme late Saturday night in the U.S., but don't allow videos posted until Sunday.
--End the following Sunday night (it's usually Sunday midnight Hawaii time, but you choose).
--Please arrange your judging to announce winners before the following weekend, which already has two challenge weeks overlapping.
--Offer some sort of prize, but it need not cost much. Certificates are fine. Joke prizes are fine.
--I think as part of the fun of the week a Host should post a video in your own week, I know that others already do this.

Participants
As Participants. The more the merrier---encourage shy people to join us.
--Follow the host's specifications for that week. (Sometimes a host might forbid a certain song.)
--COMMENT ON OTHERS' VIDEOS, and not just your top favorites! Everyone likes encouragement, even those who do a lot of encouraging. -Your comment might help someone enormously. Lets share the Aloha Spirit for which this Weekly challenge wanted to build.
--(In the past, some people posted lists of the entries, with comments for each one. Now, we're moving more toward posting on YouTube, but ukers like to be noticed, and posting in the thread---without duplicating the video or lots of text---is welcome.)

On a personal note, I think that we have a good group here who participate each week. I was thinking if you don’t see somebody for a while on the Seasons, it might make somebody’s day if they were just contacted to see how they were doing, not to find out why that they are not participating, just to say hello, thinking of you and hope all is well.

So, onward we go for another year of Seasons of the Ukulele!
Ukuloonie, Volunteer Coordinator

P.S. Thankyou to all who have helped me this year with suggestions and advice.

Last edited:
Drew,

Thanks so much for doing this. You didn't overstep at all; you just rose from the casual nature of this to give it some shape as it's getting bigger.

May I make a couple suggestions?
1. Please include the themes as they are chosen.

2. Could you start the list at the first week (without dates and in smaller font)? Then Christian would be fully credited with the idea of the contest, and we won't repeat any themes.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Last edited:
Hi there, I do appreciate the credit but this revolution has long devoured its children.

Drew,

Thanks so much for doing this. You didn't overstep at all; you just rose from the casual nature of this to give it some shape as it's getting bigger.

2. Could you start the list at the first week (without dates)? Then Christian would be fully credited with the idea of the contest, and we won't repeat any themes.

Barring calamity, I expect to do Week 31. And even then, most of the foreseeable calamaties are just things that might keep me from chiming in every day during that week as the videos come in.

I gotta take week 44. It ends on my birthday. :D

Drew,

2. Could you start the list at the first week (without dates and in smaller font)? Then Christian would be fully credited with the idea of the contest, and we won't repeat any themes.

easy to do. should have it organized at end of day

Barring calamity, I expect to do Week 31. And even then, most of the foreseeable calamaties are just things that might keep me from chiming in every day during that week as the videos come in.

Cool thanks I'll update the list

Let me go ahead and declare my theme - Holiday Music! Christmas, Hanukkah, etc...

do the prizes have to be uke-related? If not, I'd like to offer to take December 9-16th. I can offer German chocolate, and possibly other random things I find at the Weihnachtsmarkt

do the prizes have to be uke-related? If not, I'd like to offer to take December 9-16th. I can offer German chocolate, and possibly other random things I find at the Weihnachtsmarkt
Nope your week you get to choose I gave English Candy and A Canadian mug
Gingerbread Herzen from the Weihnachtmarkt oooo I used to have those when I lived in Germany but I was a little younger then.

I'm the new guy, but I'd still love to host week 32 if possible. Thanks!

Drew, this is going to work out really well. No more asking for hosts. I'll host another week, maybe after Jan 1; let's see how the schedule fills out.

I recommend that hosts keep their themes a secret till the day before the contest. Then everyone will be starting from the same learning point on new songs.

I also suggest that prizes be very simple and low-cost, either something uke-related from around your house, or something specific to where you live. Providing prizes should not be an obstacle to hosting.

Top Bottom